here is what is weird, I go to a website with the default browser- works fine. I downloaded Opera Mini, go to that website, and it says: THIS IP HAS BEEN BANNED.

WTF? How do I resolve that?
    02-08-09 04:05 PM
    You can see your IP address by dialing #4357* from the phone screen. I don't know any way to change it. What you are describing sounds more like an Opera Mini issue than a problem with your BlackBerry, since you can get to the site with the BlackBerry Browser with no problem.
    02-08-09 05:17 PM
    that took me to AT&T roadside service.
    02-08-09 05:21 PM
    Sorry, I should have paid more attention to your carrier. That's a CDMA-specific tip. I don't know the equivalent for GSM.
    02-08-09 05:24 PM
    Its also possible the forum in question banned the IP range for the BlackBerrys
    02-08-09 05:26 PM
    <hijack> Does RIM have an assigned range of IPs that are identifiable as BlackBerry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 07:27 PM
    All the BB browser traffic is actually coming from Canada (where the RIM NOC is), they have a specific IP range. I ahve ran into a few websites telling me I could not go there because it was an "american only" website.. pretty weird but you can not change the IP of you BlackBerry, you are better off trying Opera Mini or Bolt. They use APN settings that might give you different results.
    02-08-09 08:25 PM
    I realize this thread is very old, but the issue seems unresolved, so in the event anyone else is directed here by a search (like i was), here is the problem.

Opera Mini does not issue requests directly to the host computer. Opera Mini routes all requests through proxy servers in Norway, which request the page and compile it into some sort of executable java binary, which it sends to the phone for processing. The purpose for the routing is for speed purposes. "Opera Turbo" mode on the desktop version of Opera works the same way, but with one important difference; On the desktop, you can disable Opera Turbo and make direct requests, on Opera Mini, everything MUST go through their servers.

If you are getting a message stating the IP is banned, that IP belongs to the proxy server in Norway, and is likely the result of someone else using it for abuse. Depending on how zealous the site owner is, they may have blocked the entire block of Opera proxies, in which case, you will never be able to connect to the site with Opera Mini.

Just remember that it isn't YOUR ip that is banned, so you should be able to connect with any other browser you have. This applies to any phone, not just Blackberries.
    10-25-11 09:28 PM
    I'm from Mexico and I bought the 9810, and everytime I check my IP, it's from Canada... I don't know if its because the phone comes from there, or that happens to everyone. I want to change it to a local IP.
    12-07-11 12:24 PM
    I'm from Mexico and I bought the 9810, and everytime I check my IP, it's from Canada... I don't know if its because the phone comes from there, or that happens to everyone. I want to change it to a local IP.
    See SteveO86's comment above. You can not change it.
    12-07-11 01:54 PM
    If you are encountering difficulties with your IP, you should look into using VPN services, so that you can change your IP whenever you want it and choose IP from another country. I would suggest using Hide My IP for My Privacy Tools Inc.
    05-13-16 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD