Hello everyone,

I have the BB curve 8320 with v.2.2.180. If I update to the latest OS do I void the warranty and is there a way to type all names and numbers on desktop and import them to the BB's phonebook?

Thanks
    Last edited by Titans; 08-26-08 at 10:06 PM.
    08-26-08 10:02 PM
    1) If you have t mobile you have the blackberry curve 8320

2) No but if you call customer support with questions on it they most likely won't be able to help you considering they probably don't know much on it it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 10:05 PM
    The usual answer to your question is that upgrading to a non-supported OS will void your warranty. In practice, that means if you were going to return the device under warranty, you'd first have to restore the supported OS. You should not expect customer support to answer questions on a non-supported OS.

If you have Outlook, you can use it to input your names and numbers and sync them to the BlackBerry.
    08-26-08 10:13 PM
    You are running OS 4.2.2.180 currently. There is no officially supported OS from TMobile (at this point) that is any higher than what you are currently using.

1) If you have t mobile you have the blackberry curve 8320

2) No but if you call customer support with questions on it they most likely won't be able to help you considering they probably don't know much on it it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry, but that is wrong. Technically, loading a Beta OS voids your warranty. Now... TMobile finding out is a whole different story. If you would ever need to send the device in, I would definitely load the official TMo OS before doing so. Even after you do this, traces of Beta OSes are left behind and can be seen...

Now, I am not sure how closely TMobile monitors or checks this... and it probably would not come into play if you needed a replacement. But, technically... loading a Beta OS does void warranty!
    08-26-08 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD