Hi all, has anyone tried the full housings they sell on Ebay? I was hoping to get a full black housing fo rmy BB curve 8310. But I don't want to end up with some piece of junk.

Any and all advice is appreciated. Or if there is a better source for OEM housings for the 8310 in black that would be even better.

Spleify
    03-20-09 12:00 PM
    I love everything we've got from cnn.cn

I highly recommend them.
    03-20-09 12:06 PM
    If by housing your talking skins and stuff I have had great luck with ebay. I got a skin off ebay and it fits perfectly for like 5 bucks shipped. Has the blackberry brand on the back even
    03-20-09 12:09 PM
    Hi all, has anyone tried the full housings they sell on Ebay? I was hoping to get a full black housing fo rmy BB curve 8310. But I don't want to end up with some piece of junk.

Any and all advice is appreciated. Or if there is a better source for OEM housings for the 8310 in black that would be even better.

Spleify
    I'm picking up a silver and black tonight and also want to change it to all black. Cnn.cn is a good place. Man, that 8900 Curve looks sweet!
    03-20-09 12:09 PM
    Well I have the 8310, and I did look on cnn.cn, but did not find the BLACK housing. I was looking for the complete housing, not just the rubber skins.

Thanks

Spleify
    03-20-09 12:16 PM
    Well I have the 8310, and I did look on cnn.cn, but did not find the BLACK housing. I was looking for the complete housing, not just the rubber skins.

Thanks

Spleify
    Ya...I just looked. They do have it for the 8330 which is what Im getting. The Titanium looks sweet.
    03-20-09 12:19 PM
    And the 8330 will fit on the 8310? The home keys look different.

Thanks
    03-20-09 12:22 PM
    I have the titanium, and want the black..lol
    03-20-09 12:23 PM

Thanks
    I dont think they will.
    03-20-09 12:31 PM
    A co worker of mine got one that looks like the bold case. Seems like he likes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 12:36 PM
    A co worker of mine got one that looks like the bold case. Seems like he likes it.

YES.....where did he get it?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    03-20-09 12:40 PM
    The 8330 will NOT fit on the 8310. They are different. I don't personally know how good they are, but I've looked at sellers feedback, and the for the mostpart look like people are happy. I want an all white one myself.

03-20-09 12:40 PM
    The 8330 WILL work on a 8310..There are several people who have done it so far, supposedly with no modifications.

Search the forums, theres a few links of it done.

I ordered 2 all white housings last thursday, so i should be expecting them here soon any day now. Ill let you guys know how it goes, i bought them from gsm4world and ill post a thread about how i think about the overall housing
    03-20-09 12:48 PM
    The 8330 will NOT fit on the 8310. They are different. I don't personally know how good they are, but I've looked at sellers feedback, and the for the mostpart look like people are happy. I want an all white one myself.

An option some other folks have been doing in other forums is sanding them down and painting them. I saw this one that was airbrushed and it was stunning! Had kinda like an abstract art theme going.
    03-20-09 12:49 PM
    The 8330 WILL work on a 8310..There are several people who have done it so far, supposedly with no modifications.

I ordered 2 all white housings last thursday, so i should be expecting them here soon any day now. Ill let you guys know how it goes, i bought them from gsm4world and ill post a thread about how i think about the overall housing
    There ya go Spleify!
    03-20-09 12:55 PM
    Really the 8330 will fit the 8310? I was told that they wouldn't. I would love a colorware, but they cost wayyy too much.

03-20-09 12:55 PM

Any difference in the Sprint 8330 and Verizon 8330?
    03-20-09 12:56 PM

Spleify
    Here ya go....all black for the 8310.
    8300 - Cellular phone accessories. Offering all accessories from Nokia,Sony Ericssons,Motolora,Samsung and more.
    03-20-09 01:30 PM

Thanks

Here you go, a link with pics:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/833...8310-a-149425/

A black 8330 keypad and keyboard tray would be needed for the all black look. In the above thread, the OP has the black keyboard tray, but not the black keyboard.
    03-20-09 01:36 PM
    Rider,

How hard is it to replace the case? Im gonna order the same on you have. Thanks

D
    03-20-09 01:52 PM
    Rider,

How hard is it to replace the case? Im gonna order the same on you have. Thanks

D
    It was my first time, and I ain't gonna lie. I was sweating bullets...

Watch the youtube videos a couple of times and keep in mind that the small bottom cover doesn't come off as easily as in the video, not by a long shot. The antenna and microphone is under there, so don't gouge them with the screwdriver you will need to pry the bottom cover off. Also, the front cover is pretty difficult as well (at least for me). Main thing to remember is, take your time, don't force anything, and be gentle with the small T5 screws or you will break them.
    03-20-09 01:59 PM
    It was my first time, and I ain't gonna lie. I was sweating bullets...

Watch the youtube videos a couple of times and keep in mind that the small bottom cover doesn't come off as easily as in the video, not by a long shot. The antenna and microphone is under there, so don't gouge them with the screwdriver you will need to pry the bottom cover off. Also, the front cover is pretty difficult as well (at least for me). Main thing to remember is, take your time, don't force anything, and be gentle with the small T5 screws or you will break them.
    Roger that....thanks a bunch My case wont be in until next week so I have time to read up on everything.
    03-20-09 02:12 PM
    Here ya go....all black for the 8310.
    Sweet! That looks like the one, but as mentioned doesnt have the black key board or black home keys, It doesn't look like they sell the black home key buttins either.

Here you go, a link with pics:

A black 8330 keypad and keyboard tray would be needed for the all black look. In the above thread, the OP has the black keyboard tray, but not the black keyboard.

Thanks rider, I will read through your thread.
    03-20-09 02:14 PM

That link rider is talking about that one looks really good...
    03-20-09 03:03 PM
    peeps who have order from Cnn.cn - remember that because they are in Hong Kong - the shipping could very well take anywhere from 2 weeks to i have seen a month or better.

there is a site (and a member on here) called bbenrich or something similar he ships from us and canada from what i have read.

here is his site -

BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry
    03-20-09 03:54 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD