I just got this replacement curve about 4 days ago. Just in the past 2 hours ago it started acting very slow and the hourglass keeps popping up every 3-4 seconds, even when I am just on the home screen. I have 42,000,000 file free and haven't added anything new today. I did a soft reset and a battery pull...nothing has worked yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 11:44 PM
    Mine does this sometimes too. Although mine doesn't actually get slow when it happens. I think it may have to do with the cache being empty after a reset. This is just a guess though.

Does it ever hang up and freeze or crash?

08-15-08 11:56 PM
    Could be a corrupted 3rd party app
    08-15-08 11:58 PM
    Mines been slow also I just got a new replacement today cuz my other curve kept shutting off and I couldn't hear when sumone called! Plus I bought my bb like 3 weeks ago for $170 and they had it for $50. And I got my 100 bucks back WOO HOO!!!

08-16-08 12:05 AM
    Mine does this sometimes too. Although mine doesn't actually get slow when it happens. I think it may have to do with the cache being empty after a reset. This is just a guess though.

Does it ever hang up and freeze or crash?

No, it doesn't ever freeze or crash. Its been fine all day, just started getting bad in the past two hours. The only apps I downloaded were ones I downloaded when I got the phone on tuesday, nothing since then. All my msgs are cleared out, I cleared the cache and cookies, deleted the google apps I don't use and restarted, but its still doing it. My old curve never did this in the 2 months I had it.

08-16-08 12:28 AM
    Do you ever notice if the little arrows in the upper right are flashing when you see the hourglass?

08-16-08 12:34 AM
    Do you ever notice if the little arrows in the upper right are flashing when you see the hourglass?

No, usually no arrows when the hourglass comes on.

08-16-08 12:38 AM
    You need to rule out the 3rd party apps. I have heard of a corrupted app causing this. It may not be the problem but you may twiddle all night wondering what the problem is but you need a process of elimination. I would back up your 3rd party apps with the method that I'm going to give you and then delete them off your BB. You can reload them after. If it works fine after then you know what the problem is. If it doesn't, then the apps are not the issue.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    Last edited by Garz; 08-16-08 at 01:03 AM.
    08-16-08 12:41 AM
    Thanks a million!

08-16-08 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD