This same exact thing happened exactly one week ago today. The hourglass keeps coming on every 2 or 3 seconds no matter what I'm doing. I have a lot of free memory, and I've cleared out my messages. I did a battery pull, still no luck. Last time people on here said that it may be a corrupted 3rd party app, so they recommended that I remove them, which I did. The next morning the phone was fine. I never reinstalled anything I deleted for fear of it happening again. Well, tonight it started again out of nowhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    08-22-08 11:52 PM
    this happened to me for a while after i first purchased the phone, and to my wifes curve as well. We exchanged them for the same phone and the new ones didnt do it for a while, now its happening again. I was told that this is happening to alot of curves. Im trying to install v4.5 with not much avail, maybe that will work.
    08-23-08 12:26 AM
    it happened on my Pearl and its happened a few times on my Curve now. It usually happens after i've been browsing even though i close the browser, it still happens until i pull the battery. Sometimes the phone freezes too and just shows the hourglass continuously. Guess its just something we have to deal with..?? It does get pretty annoying though
    08-23-08 12:40 AM
    This happened to me as well when I got my new curve after d/l Viigo and installing. I deleted Viigo and it still came up. So I called TMO we did a bunch of stuff so I recomended to the tech that I do a back up and then a wipe. She just wanted to exchange the phone. So we did a wipe I reloaded my stuff from my back up with out Viigo and WALLA it worked the TMO rep. was suprised it worked. So far so go knock on wood. The kicker is this was my first time to Viigo and I really liked it I am just scared to reload it as to this happening again.

So my other question is? Is there a bb safe site to d/l Viigo without this possibly happening because I googled it and then just picked one and d/led it and it did this...

Hope this helps it worked for me......
    08-23-08 12:53 AM
    This started happening to me. Turned out that removing Epocrates solved it. Epocrates failed at an update, and I suspect it was retrying every few seconds.
    08-25-08 11:58 AM
    Had the same thing happen to me in the past few days. Backup your data using DM then do a wipe on the device.

options - general options - menu button - wipe device

fixed the problem for me.
    08-25-08 02:09 PM
    This has happened to me after browsing...I simply turned the phone off, left it off for a couple of minutes and turned it back on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 02:15 PM
    Why do so many people just insist on doing a hard reset? if there is an issue with an app. it will just reoccur once you reload the app.
    08-26-08 03:21 PM
    This has only happened to me while using the BB browser... occasionally, the browser will try to process a style sheet or run a script or something, and it will get stuck. The hourglass then starts popping up every few seconds.

A hard reset/battery pull SOLVED this issue for me. If your situation is caused by something else, I hope you can figure it out
    08-26-08 03:29 PM
    I had the same issue when I upgraded to 4.5.0.66. I've read here that either facebook or viigo was causing it. I downgraded back to 4.3 and deleted viigo (it was the first one I read about having the issue). I have not encountered the hourglass again.
    Last edited by SK1; 08-26-08 at 03:57 PM.
    08-26-08 03:54 PM
    In my case, it was Epocrates that was causing it. There does appear to be a trend here, of any application that regularly goes out to the web.
    08-26-08 04:11 PM
    Seems to me like facebook is the main issue. I dont know why facebook would be the problem though, seeing as it doesnt haul much memory
    08-31-08 06:46 PM
    apparetnly my issue was either with facebook or tiny twitter...although my guess is facebook because the hour glass evilness started around the time i was supposed to get a facebook alert. I deleted both apps, downloaded twitterberry instead, and so far it seems ok.
    Last edited by Jennlee; 09-03-08 at 10:07 AM. Reason: because I can spell...really
    09-03-08 09:57 AM
    I upgraded back to 4.5.0.77. Installed facebook first. Ran it for a few days with no issues. Slowly adding applications and shortcuts (JiveTalk, MLB.com and NY Mets.com) to see if anything else is causing the issue. The final applications I haven't installed yet is Mobile Banking and iCallManagerlite/Black & White List. Did not bother to reinstall Viigo or BerryaCode. We'll see what happens.
    09-03-08 10:03 AM
    the same thing has started happening to me - and i've had my phone for almost a month. i just tried a battery pull and it seems to have gone away but i'm still skeptical. i dont have many applications installed except for google maps, gmail, facebook, and handango. one time, the hourglass popped up while i was on a call with someone and i couldnt call the person back for almost 5 minutes - it was very frustrating and i'm hoping it doesnt happen again. can anyone answer why yet?
    09-03-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD