I have a BB curve 8330 and here lately no matter what I'm doing I get the hour glass sometimes just for a min sometimes so bad I have to do a battery pull. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or how to fix it?
    07-16-09 03:20 PM
    Maybe you're leaving too many apps on make sure you close stuff you don't want running if you aren't sure you can't hit alt+back key to see what's running. Or you are maybe just running out of memory on the device maybe caz of too many pointless apps or songs or something???? Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 03:23 PM
    I have been having issues like this lately also. For a long time I was one of those that was like "they have to be doing something, I never see an hour glass with my curve."

In the middle of a move I have had to rely more on my BB for email and internet then I normally would, and now I see the thing pop up every time I move from one app to another or while typing out a txt/email. Just once while typing this so far, @23mb memory, this being the only app open and clearing out history this morning.

This is even when having nothing but the browser, email, or sms open. Floating around 20-25mb of memory running .77. Have always and use FB w/o any noticeable slowdown to the phone. Clear out the browser history regularly. Although I never see it above 1.5mbs, is that normal?

For me so far it just pops up for a second and goes away. Just enough to be irritating then disappear. So to not have an answer for you. As someone else said, check your memory and make sure that you are closing out of app with the escape/ menu->close.

So put me down as another that sees an hours glass more often then in the past and can't seem to place why. Although, I do have to watch myself.. I went in a played with a tour the other day and really want one... Any excuse will do!!

07-16-09 05:06 PM
    Obviously the battery pulls haven't solved the problem permanently, so here are a few things to consider.

FaceBook, Viigo, and other push technology apps are notorious for the hourglass problem, and as already noted, having many apps open in the background can do it too.

Also check out this link for some memory management tips.

07-16-09 05:27 PM
    I heard that Facebook does cause this to happen.. I have a buddy who had this issue..

Zero

07-16-09 07:34 PM
    Thank you guys for the info I don't know if it will help or not but I did learn one thing that you have to close a page or it keeps running I didn't know that I thought just hitting back or end worked maybe it will help
    07-16-09 09:14 PM
    Question about Face book (some what on-topic) I ant seem to completely erase this thing. I had to hide it. I removed from DM but whenever I switch themes it pops right back up. WTF. Basically if FaceBook is the problem how can I completely remove it
    07-19-09 11:03 PM
    I know how to solve it, or at least it worked for me.... I have an 8320, i suppose is the same thing..

My phone will ran fine, since the battery pool..and for some more hours, then the hourglass will start showing up, one time and another time, i was getting so frsutated cause sometimes it showed up when some body was calling, and i couldnt receive the answer because of that stupid hour glass.

I made an update to the latest SF VERSION, and if you already have the newest one, try going back by doing a downgrade, hope this helps you out, it worked for me
    07-19-09 11:14 PM
    Yeah I have a lot of apps running but it dosent bother me unless the hour glass takes really long and might I suggest u change the theme to an 8900 style so u never have to see that ugly hour glass again it gets replaced by a clock

07-19-09 11:40 PM
    here is what my phone tech had me do and it worked on my 8330.....
    make sure that your pics and vids are actually on your card, if you pop the battery and remove the card and power it back up you should not have any videos or pics when you go to your multimedia folder. If they are some still in there these need to be moved over to the card. Thats the leading cause of performance issues with that model of pda.
    07-28-09 07:17 AM
    Don't know if it matters but I have been getting the hourglass more on my BB since I updated the OS. I also have to do more battery pulls now

07-28-09 01:22 PM
    Some people have recommended the app Berryjoose, which runs in the background constantly cleaning up your memory. Many people say it does wonders for their 8330 performance, but I"m not sure if it has helped mine or not.

03-29-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD