I'm sorry I am posting this as I'm sure it's in the forums somewhere but, here's my question. Had the curve since Feb, all fine. I have a good amount of internal memory left, about 41169581 something bytes, give or take a soft or hard reset. But, today, I have the same amount of memory left, empty browser cache, event yada yada, everyone once in a while, more than a few times a day, I will be doing whatever and the hourglass appears. Why would this be happening? All call logs, txts, emails are deleted upon me reading them, so no excess stuff. I read something about an corrupted data file or something. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks all.
    04-17-09 05:00 PM
    What 3rd party apps are you running?
    04-17-09 05:22 PM
    If you have installed facebook, uninstall it.
    04-17-09 05:26 PM
    I've had facebook installed since day one and never had this problem. I use it alot, but always delete the messages, etc etc. My memory level is never low. Could it be something else?
    04-17-09 06:15 PM
    3rd party apps, yahoo, aol IM, I deleted BB messenger as I don't use it. Slacker, sprint navigation, yahoo one search with voice acivation and that's it. This problem only started today and I have had all of those programs installed for quite some time.
    04-17-09 06:17 PM
    What OS are you currently running? You also must know that the processor in the Curves is starting to get outdated. Face it, it's an older piece of hardware...

Even with the absolute newest OS, you are still going to have intermittent "thinking" of the processor. Happens even on brand-new-right-out-of-the-box PC.
    04-17-09 06:19 PM
    Do you think it's the yahoo one search with voice activation that's slowing it up. I can always get rid of it, as I don't use it all that much.
    I've had problems with Slacker as well. Just annoying.
    What OS are you currently running? You also must know that the processor in the Curves is starting to get outdated. Face it, it's an older piece of hardware...

Even with the absolute newest OS, you are still going to have intermittent "thinking" of the processor. Happens even on brand-new-right-out-of-the-box PC.
    I'm running 4.2 what was what came on it.
    04-17-09 06:20 PM
    4.2? Go to options>about and see what it says...
    04-17-09 06:21 PM
    I've had facebook installed since day one and never had this problem. I use it alot, but always delete the messages, etc etc. My memory level is never low. Could it be something else?
    the problem with facebook is not the messages, its the app itself.. it could be the exact reason for your issue. i had to delete my facebook app for the same reason. i just use the browser to go on facebook. i didnt really like the app anyway. as long as your email notifications are set, new things will still be sent to your phone, and you can access facebook through the emails.
    04-17-09 06:22 PM
    hit the alt and back arrow key. WHat apps are currently running. if you do not close apps by hitting file close this might cause the problem as well. there will some that cannot be closed.
    04-17-09 06:24 PM
    4.2? Go to options>about and see what it says...
    v4.3.0.127 (platform 3.1.0.7.3)
    04-17-09 06:25 PM
    hit the alt and back arrow key. WHat apps are currently running. if you do not close apps by hitting file close this might cause the problem as well. there will some that cannot be closed.
    Only 4 apps running
    04-17-09 06:27 PM
    Hmm strange. It might be a device issue. Your carrier might be able to help better at this point
    04-17-09 06:29 PM
    Well, thanks guys for the help. I'll see if it continues or gets worse. If it does, I can uninstall the yahoo one search with voice and facebook. I guess with any OS, after time it slows with use. Have a good one guys and thanks again.
    04-17-09 06:33 PM
    just get rid of Facebook. That will most likely do it
    04-17-09 06:40 PM
    I've got the same issue & it just started yesterday. Do not use facebook and tried deleting it, but it does not show up in the list of programs to be deleted.

Have V4.5.0.77 if I'm reading this right & have had the curve for all of 2 weeks if that.

It is annoying to say the least
    04-18-09 10:13 AM
    I've got the same issue & it just started yesterday. Do not use facebook and tried deleting it, but it does not show up in the list of programs to be deleted.

Have V4.5.0.77 if I'm reading this right & have had the curve for all of 2 weeks if that.

It is annoying to say the least.
    You have checked to see what other programs are running, what other 3rd party apps do you have, and how much aval memory do you have? options>status> file free.
    04-18-09 10:16 AM
    On the main screen hold the alt key and hit L G L G and hit menu and clear that event log out.
    04-18-09 11:40 AM

Mine won't go away either because it came with it. I just hide facebook so I can't see it. Just hit menu and hide on the facebook icon. And then hit menu and unclick show all. You probably knew that but for people who didn't. I hide every icon I don't use so it's not in the way.

As far as memory I have plenty of memory and no issues. I don't worry about it.
    04-18-09 11:42 AM
    the problem with facebook is not the messages, its the app itself.. it could be the exact reason for your issue. i had to delete my facebook app for the same reason. i just use the browser to go on facebook. i didnt really like the app anyway. as long as your email notifications are set, new things will still be sent to your phone, and you can access facebook through the emails.
    BTW, I unistalled facebook and still have the hourglass issue, so, obviously Facebook is not the problem. I had the tech on the phone do a manual wipe so alot of things aren't even on it.
    04-20-09 07:31 AM
    If you have installed facebook, uninstall it.
    I did and it didn't change a thing. I even had the tech on the phone do a manual wipe, so, obviously it's not facebook.
    04-20-09 07:32 AM
    Oh, I just thought I'd let you all know I finally found out why my curve was getting the hourglass every minute or so. It had nothing to do with Facebook, lack of memory, the device itself, so I did a wipe for no reason. Here is the answer: When you enable memory cleaning, I had it set to clean every minute when idle, hense, the hourglass coming up like clock work. I changed it to every five minutes. Who'd have thought it was something that simple huh?? Just in case anyone is worrying about facebook etc slowing you down etc, that's not the case. Try what I said first about the memory cleaner. Have it set to 5 or more minutes and you'll see the hourglass let and less. Or just do it manually.
    04-24-09 04:34 PM

That's probably cause you don't even have facebook installed. You'll have an icon on your curve but it is not already downloaded onto the device. You have to do that manually that is why you do not see it to be uninstalled, cause it's not installed alreadyl
    04-24-09 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD