guys something weird this morning thr hour glass keeps popping up every four seconds and kind lags up the phone if I'm typing or doing sometrhing when it shows up I've have done a battery pull and still didn't help any idea what it is cuz its really annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 12:37 PM
    what new apps have you intsalled?

11-10-08 12:37 PM
    I had that same problem only TWO days after buying the Bold, and I hadn't made any changes to the phone or installed any apps. I called the ATT store to complain and they were happy to exchange the phone, but of course he suggested I pull the battery! While the phone was still on, I pulled the battery out and let the phone sit for about 5 minutes - did that twice and haven't had a problem since.

I think it might be good practice to pull the battery like once a week to keep things running smoothly.
    11-10-08 12:49 PM
    if you have the facebook app installed i would bet money that if you uninstalled it the problem would go away
    11-10-08 01:09 PM
    Yea, blueberry is right, it sounds like a memory problem and facebook sucks memory right outta the phone

11-10-08 01:11 PM
    Have no new apps installed and I pull the battery about once a week but I will try it again and see what happens

11-10-08 05:19 PM
    let us know what happens

11-10-08 05:23 PM
    Pulled that battery and let it sit for 15 min and still have the hour glass. I have the vzw os that I haven't installed yet I'm thinking about trying that and seeing what happens. After that install. Off the subject I have a vzw phone do I need to delete the vendor xml if I got the os from the vzw website?

11-10-08 05:50 PM
    No, you dont have to delete it, its vzw, and thats who you are with.
    11-10-08 06:13 PM
    I've had facebook on the phone since I got it and it just started now this morning and my file free memory is up around 40

11-10-08 06:37 PM
    Well I am gonna try os .97 on it tomorrow and see what happens and if that doesn't work ill do the official vzw upgrade and see what that does for it

Edit: I dont think its a memory issue since my memory is staying stable over night and what not. Can the device get a virus from an email????

Last edited by MTXThunder9500; 11-11-08 at 06:40 AM.
    11-10-08 09:00 PM
    Havent done the update yet but whatever is happening its eating the battery up mad fast i took it off the charger from over night this morning and by 11 it was 45% remaining.
    11-11-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD