Well... I searched and tried the stuff I've seen. I just got my hotmail setup on my curve. I emailed a buddy, he got my message, sent a reply, and I never got it on my phone. It came up in my inbox on my home PC, but nothing on the phone.

I waited awhile... sent him another email from the phone, he replied, and I got that one. Since then... I can't get any emails to my phone. I can see them all pop up on my computer PC, but not the phone.

I have resent the service books 3 times now. Kinda stumped at why it worked that one time but now nothing. Anything else I can change or fix?

Thanks
    12-14-08 12:55 PM
    Try registering the device on the network?

Options, advanced, host routing table, menu key, register

Are you also receiving the activation msg when you send the service book?
    12-14-08 12:57 PM
    Try registering the device on the network?

Options, advanced, host routing table, menu key, register

Are you also receiving the activation msg when you send the service book?
    Rachel - Yes, I also regsistered the device on the network once today, and actually just did it again once you suggested it.

I am getting the activation message every time I resend the service book.

Its puzzling.
    12-14-08 01:08 PM
    Try a battery pull?

Some days my email stops getting pushed, if Ive sent service books, then Ill just wait it out.
    12-14-08 01:09 PM
    Wait, do you use facebook on your phone?
    12-14-08 01:10 PM
    Nope, no facebook here. I thought about installing it, but then I saw all the issues on it here. So I just left it off.
    12-14-08 01:14 PM
    Hmmm, so you DID receive one email from your friend to your phone,

as I said, sometimes, about once a week, I wont get them, for a while, then they will start up again
    12-14-08 01:16 PM
    Hmmm, so you DID receive one email from your friend to your phone,

as I said, sometimes, about once a week, I wont get them, for a while, then they will start up again
    Yeah, I did try the battery pull too. Each time I resend the Service Book, I get the conformation email that I should start recieving messages within 20min..... but thats it.

I did get the 1 email, but thats it! Nothing else since. Its kinda starting to annoy me.
    12-14-08 05:12 PM
    How weird..

What about removing it, and readding your email.. delete all the service books out, then resend them
    12-14-08 05:12 PM
    Did you set up the account on AT&T BIS website? Might be a push issue, something might not be set correctly...
    12-14-08 05:17 PM
    Did you set up the account on AT&T BIS website? Might be a push issue, something might not be set correctly...
    No, I just did it all through the phone. How do I go about doing it on the AT&T BIS website? Or where do I go to do that I mean.

Thanks to everyone for being understanding and lending a helping hand.

This hotmail email of mine is OLD! I've definitely had it since before 2000, so I know that part of it shouldnt be an issue.
    12-14-08 05:29 PM
    I know what you are referring to re hotmail created before a certain date will work, however, mines only hmmmm almost 2 yrs old and it works, so I dont really know about that.
    12-14-08 05:31 PM
    Google: AT&T BIS, log in and manage your e-mail accounts via PC. This is a great way to manage multiple e-mail accounts like i do. You can also change the "sent from my BlackBerry wireless device" to whatever ya want, just edit the signature...
    12-14-08 05:36 PM
    hmmm.... I honestly don't get it. I don't know what to do next. Its really frustrating.

Rachel - I know you suggested deleting the email and the service books. How do I go about doing that?
    12-14-08 05:37 PM
    Google: AT&T BIS, log in and manage your e-mail accounts via PC. This is a great way to manage multiple e-mail accounts like i do. You can also change the "sent from my BlackBerry wireless device" to whatever ya want, just edit the signature...
    Ok, I tried that.... and I hadnt setup a login yet... so I put in my PIN and IMEI like it wanted, and it says an account already exits for that PIN. I am getting more and more confused through all this!
    12-14-08 05:38 PM
    hmmm.... I honestly don't get it. I don't know what to do next. Its really frustrating.

Rachel - I know you suggested deleting the email and the service books. How do I go about doing that?
    Find the manage internet email icon, follow the steps, you will see your email, and a delete button, do that.

Then, options, advanced, service books, you will see 2 entires for your email, delete those.

Go back to the email icon and set it back up, resend your service books.
    12-14-08 05:42 PM
    I don't see anything under my service books for my email.

All I see is:

Provisioning
    Blackberry Internet Browsing Service
    IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
    Browser Config for 5 click
    IPPP for 5 click [IPPP]
    TeleNav Maps
    Media Mall - Music ID
    Media Mall - Streaming Music
    Media Mall Themes
    Media Mall - Applications
    Media Mall - Multimedia
    Media Mall - Graphics
    Media Mall - Games
    Media Mall - Shop Tones
    Media Mall - Music
    Media Mall - Community
    Media Mall - Tunes
    MMS Client [MMS]
    MMS Transport [WPTCP]
    WAP2 BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
    WAP2Transport [WPTCP]
    WAP Push Config [WAPPPushConfig]
    BBFS1 [BBIMConfig]
    12-14-08 05:59 PM
    Well.... I went ahead and readded the email....then went to service books and I now see it. So... I'm guessing that when I went the manage Email icon, and deleted my email... it automatically deleted the service books too. Well... I guess only time will tell now.

Do you all think I should automatically go ahead and resend the service books now... or wait the 20min or so that they say.... and see what happens... see if I get emails.... and then send the service books?
    12-14-08 06:10 PM
    Hmm.
    I wasn't receiving Emails from my hotmail for a little while, then it randomly started working again. It sounds like you've done pretty much everything you can to kick start them again.
    Hope they work for you soon, i know how annoying it can be!
    12-14-08 06:11 PM
    Just wait and then send yourself an e-mail...
    12-14-08 06:11 PM
    If you didnt send them after readding the email, send them, if not, wait and then send a test email
    12-14-08 06:16 PM
    Well.... it just keeps getting more and more frustrating. I thought for the heck of it I would add my yahoo account that I NEVER.... I mean NEVER use. I think I've used it once in the last 4 years. I added it to my phone.... sent myself a test email and blam... works right off the bat. So... tried again with hotmail.... and nothing... still nothing....

I honestly don't want to change email address's just so I can get email on my phone, just for the simple fact that I've had my hotmail account, which everyone knows/has for over 10 years now.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    12-14-08 07:00 PM
    I had the same problem yet it was only solved when I removed the blackberry email I was told by the carrier I have that MSN cannot be added unless you pay for it but that's not true I kept trying until I got it to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 07:12 PM
    I had the same problem yet it was only solved when I removed the blackberry email I was told by the carrier I have that MSN cannot be added unless you pay for it but that's not true I kept trying until I got it to work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So you think I need to keep adding/removing the hotmail email until I get it to work then?

I didnt sign up for a Blackberry email address either. Just my personal one.
    12-14-08 07:14 PM
    Well... after waiting and waiting.... resending service books, re registering it on the network... it still doesnt work. I thought I'd just trying sending a test to myself from the phone, well.. it sends fine to the account, I got it on my home PC, but still nothing on my phone.

This was one of the reasons I got the phone, but.. as usual.... something has to go wrong and wont work. I'm at a loss!!!!!
    12-14-08 08:43 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD