Hi again guys

I've had a hotmail account for a very long time and now that I have a bb I was told I can't use hotmail anymore. The verizon rep told me to get gmail and I'd be able to forward my hotmail emails to gmail. After getting gmail I found that u can't forward hotmail emails...anyways to make it short, is there a trick to view/forward hotmail email to my bb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 09:20 PM
    From what I hear, this is a problem that cannot be resolved!
    08-03-08 09:21 PM
    yeah that's what I've heard too I was hoping there might be a trick

I guess ill just have to keep gmail

08-03-08 09:24 PM
    Wait a second. Every since the BIS 2.5 Upgrade I
    have been getting my hotmail account on my BB.
    It's the account I have had since 1998

Have you tried to set it up through your BIS site
    08-03-08 09:28 PM
    No never even heard of a bis site

08-03-08 09:31 PM
    Hotmail is a web based email that does not enable pop or IMAP and therefore cannot be monitored by the Blackberry Internet serivce (BIS). It is a pain, but converting to Gmail and enabling pop in email setting there is not a problem for the BIS. ALthough you may want to login into your BIS account and try I think since MSN went to live mail it can be done now. Yes since they went to 2.5
    08-03-08 09:36 PM
    Cool
    Sounds good thank u

08-03-08 09:39 PM
    Hotmail is a web based email that does not enable pop or IMAP and therefore cannot be monitored by the Blackberry Internet serivce (BIS). It is a pain, but converting to Gmail and enabling pop in email setting there is not a problem for the BIS. ALthough you may want to login into your BIS account and try I think since MSN went to live mail it can be done now. Yes since they went to 2.5

It's possible microsoft got wise and are blocking it. / It would be nice hear an offical word from Blackberry.
    08-03-08 10:13 PM
    I have a hotmail account, and it is pushed to my Blackberry fine. You have to have a paid ($19.95 a year) account though. Hotmail does not allow push for free accounts.
    08-04-08 03:40 AM
    You can get hotmail on your blackberry. Me and my husband both have our hotmail accounts linked to our blackberrys. You just do it thru set up wizard email setup. And we do not pay for our hotmail accounts. . They are just the normal free ones. . They are the windows live version tho.

08-04-08 04:16 AM
    Sorry I am a newbie but where do i find set up wizard email setup?
    08-04-08 04:33 AM
    yeah when i got my BB a month ago.. i called verizon when i discovered i couldn't add my hotmail act.. rep told me to wait a month and hotmail was gonna change so that you didn't need to pay the 19.95 to do it and it should add just fine to the BB.. I haven't tried it yet though so cant verify if that is holding true know. but according to the above poster it seems it is.
    08-04-08 04:44 AM
    You can get hotmail on your blackberry. Me and my husband both have our hotmail accounts linked to our blackberrys. You just do it thru set up wizard email setup. And we do not pay for our hotmail accounts. . They are just the normal free ones. . They are the windows live version tho.

yes, this actually worked ! right thru the setup wizard, "Add new email address"

thank you!
    08-04-08 05:23 AM
    yes, this actually worked ! right thru the setup wizard, "Add new email address"

thank you!
    You actually could have been done with this hours ago
    if you had followed the advice and link in Post #4, which is basically
    the same thing that you just did. I'm just saying ....
    08-04-08 05:37 AM
    You actually could have been done with this hours ago
    if you had followed the advice and link in Post #4, which is basically
    the same thing that you just did. I'm just saying ....
    Yeah!

Until tonight I had no idea was BIS was and only been a BB user since Friday night
    08-04-08 05:40 AM
    used my bb internet email setup and now wroking very well.

good news

only had the a/c since 2004 and don't pay for it either
    08-04-08 06:46 AM
    Sorry I am a newbie but where do i find set up wizard email setup?
    It's on your bb desktop. It may be hidden. You can select menu and show all.

Good luck
    08-05-08 06:16 AM
    I have Hotmail Plus. Just switched carriers from Cingular to Verizon...Hotmail worked like a charm on the Cingular, but no luck on the new BB (Curve 8330)...Messages delayed hours or not received at all. Please, please any suggestions!
    08-21-08 04:20 PM
    I have Hotmail Plus. Just switched carriers from Cingular to Verizon...Hotmail worked like a charm on the Cingular, but no luck on the new BB (Curve 8330)...Messages delayed hours or not received at all. Please, please any suggestions!
    Not sure what to tell you, I use hotmail on my 8330 with verizon and it works like a charm. Hotmail can get laggy sometimes, independant of what phone u are using.

08-21-08 04:44 PM
    I hear that. I cancelled my Cingular services, but unit still active to end of billing cycle. Do you think the fact the old BBry is still active has any effect? Strangely, all other accounts are fine, just the Hotmail giving me the problem. Thanks.
    08-21-08 04:48 PM
    I hear that. I cancelled my Cingular services, but unit still active to end of billing cycle. Do you think the fact the old BBry is still active has any effect? Strangely, all other accounts are fine, just the Hotmail giving me the problem. Thanks.
    Actually I take back what I said previously. I decided to send myself a hotmail email from another account and have not received it yet lol. That was over 15 mins ago. Maybe its not as quick as I thought. Thought I would test it. Seemed quick the other night. Might be laggy or something.

Last edited by CBRick; 08-21-08 at 05:28 PM.
    08-21-08 05:08 PM
    Yup, same problem...Is this a recurrent theme or just something lately? Thanks CBRick. Kinda bumming I switched carriers..
    08-21-08 05:20 PM
    So is it true that you have to upgrade your hotmail account to premium? I haven't gotten any hotmail emails since Tuesday.
    08-22-08 03:43 PM
    i had the same problem trying to just navigate to the hotmail website.
    BIS email setup fixed that... :||
    08-22-08 10:28 PM
    I have had my Blackberry since July 23 and set up Hotmail the first day. It's basically been 2 months since then. I have had 2 days when e-mails were not coming, delayed, etc. The last time was about a month ago. Most of the time it works fine. I thought about switching to gmail (on the advice of a Verizon rep who did not even know that Hotmail can now be set up on the BB), but their privacy policy is atrocious. And since Hotmail is working fine now, and I've got 10 years or so "invested" with it, I'l stick with it unless it starts acting up frequently.
    09-19-08 08:03 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD