I want to listen to the music on my tv by hooking it up to my ps3, so ive made a folder as follows: I:\BlackBerry\PS3\MUSIC. Ive dragged all songs into that folder, and i can play the songs on my PS3 but for some reason half the songs go to another folder which is I:\Music and it automatically created folders for each artist. Why is it doing that all i want is all my music to be in the ps3 music folder so i can listen to music thru my ps3 or cell phone?
    03-30-09 05:02 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 will read 4 main folders in a device connected. X:\Music, X:\Pictures, X:\Games, and X:\Videos.

You should put all your music in the root Music folder and not have any problem. This should also skip the step of pressing Triangle then View All to find your music.

Did you do anything that caused them to copy/move/whatever to that folder, create a playlist, choose to copy them, or something else?
    03-30-09 05:10 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 will read 4 main folders in a device connected. X:\Music, X:\Pictures, X:\Games, and X:\Videos.

You should put all your music in the root Music folder and not have any problem. This should also skip the step of pressing Triangle then View All to find your music.

Did you do anything that caused them to copy/move/whatever to that folder, create a playlist, choose to copy them, or something else?
    no i didnt do anything i just selected all the songs to that one folder, so i shouldnt make a ps3 folder, and just put the songs in the I:\Music folder??
    03-30-09 06:36 PM
    Correct. Anything you hook to the PS3 is read through those 4 basic folders I listed. If you hide them in other folders, you have to hit triangle then show all in order to find the files.

Try just putting all your songs in I:\Music and see if that solves your problem.
    03-30-09 10:30 PM
    Press Triangle > Show all. This will list all the folders on your device...
    03-30-09 10:43 PM
    That's what he has been doing. He just for some reason had the PS3 move his music to a different folder, the one it uses without triangle>show all. So if he moves his music to x:\Music, then he shouldn't have that issue.

Did you even read the thread?
    03-30-09 10:51 PM

nope that way doesnt work, the ps3 doesnt show the music folder at all. There was a website saying to do it the way i did cant find it atm, but i get issues that way....
    03-31-09 12:07 AM
    Everything I find points to it being like that for it to read it without the triangle > show all. Do you have them in subfolders? Apparently the ps3 wont read subfolders without the Triangle > Show All.

Your blackberry has Mass Storage Mode enabled right?
    03-31-09 01:15 AM
    Everything I find points to it being like that for it to read it without the triangle > show all. Do you have them in subfolders? Apparently the ps3 wont read subfolders without the Triangle > Show All.

Your blackberry has Mass Storage Mode enabled right?

I put all my music in X:Blackberry/music and that didn't work. PS3 does read sub folders it showed all the other folders such as pictures ring tones etc. when i pressed triangle show all. So i went back to the original way but i formatted the card first created a ps3 folder and music sub folder as before, and deleted the other Music folder. Now everything is fine my songs are in one spot. One thing i dont like is once your blackberry is hooked up to the ps3 you cant search for songs, you have to go through all 1300 songs.
    03-31-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD