Hello All,

I have a blackberry 8330 from sprint and I like to listen to Pandora, the head unit in my car (Pioneer DEH-P4700MP) allows me to hook up an AUX device (ie. iPod). I have actually created the wire that allows for the AUX hookup myself, very easy to do, now my question is do you think its safe, the wire is just a RCA cable that runs turns into a 3.5mm male. Pandora played through the phone to the headunit perfectly, then I wanted to see what would happen when I got or made a call. So when I received a call it went through the speakers of the car but it was very very very poor quality. So then durring the call I unplugged the 3.5mm jack and as soon as I did that the phone shut off. it powered back on and works fine, but do you think doing this will damage the phone? If you need any more info ill be glad to give it. Thanks in advance.
    06-24-09 09:59 PM
    is it something you wired up yourself? or is it a manufactured adapter? i use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm male-male cable to my aux input in my car stereo, and it works fine. like you say with the call tho it does come thru the speakers, but if i unplug it, it hangs up, not shut the phone off. that may be a fault on your phones part? does it happen every time?
    06-24-09 10:06 PM
    I use a 3.5 mm male on both ends cable too. As far as the poor quality if it is something you made yourself that could be the reason. Those cables are not that expensive at all...
    06-24-09 10:18 PM
    I have the 8330m from sprint and listen to Pandora all the time in the car (and on my bike) and have great quality. I basically use an RCA plug into an adapter (Ford) on the back of my stereo to a 3.5 on the BB. I use gold plated adapters.

When I get a call (I press speakerphone) the volume of the call is much much lower over my system than that of Pandora, so I must turn it way up to hear the call,,,,but it works. I wonder if there is a setting to compensate for this?

I do not think you do any damage doing what you explained.
    06-24-09 10:24 PM
    i use a jack that connects from my phone to my stereo every day and it works just fine. i dont know what kind of problems your having...
    06-24-09 10:27 PM
    well i did make the wire myself, that is probably my problem, ill probably just end up buying the actual adapter. Another question, I tried to get a call while I was listening to Pandora but instead of interrupting Pandora it went right to my voicemail. Is this supposed to happen?
    06-24-09 10:45 PM
    all of you that can use the 3.5mm jack in your car, do you all have newer cars/stereos that already have a special jack for that? i have an 04 monte carlo and i'm trying to figure out how to get slacker radio to work without using an fm receiver :S
    11-10-09 01:13 PM
    I have a cassette player in my car. So I got one of those cheap cassette things with a wire on it that let's you hook up your MP3 player to your car stereo. It works great. I use it for music and Sprint navigation. Got it at Walgreens but I think Radio Shack has them too. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 08:37 PM
    well i did make the wire myself, that is probably my problem, ill probably just end up buying the actual adapter. Another question, I tried to get a call while I was listening to Pandora but instead of interrupting Pandora it went right to my voicemail. Is this supposed to happen?
    Some systems calls will not interrupt data streaming� A 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable is like $5.00�.
    11-10-09 09:47 PM
    I run one of these. Works with my MP3 player as well. Wallyworld, Radio Shack, FYE, et al, sells them. Works great and won't get tangled up in everything. Lowest I've seen was $7.oo, highest was $19.99.

Can't post links or images yet, soooo :

www{DOT}daydeal.com/files/images6/belkin_sterocable_iphone{DOT}jpg
    11-11-09 08:28 AM
    I have a USB port in my headunit and just use my USB to run my music.
    11-11-09 08:31 AM
    I just use a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable since my car has an aux port which takes a 3.5mm cable. Works great and don't have issues when the phone rings -- I just take the cable out.
    11-11-09 03:18 PM
    umm when ever im running pandora it allways rings and then if i answer it pauses pandora, i would try unstalling pandora and reinstall and see whats happens as far as a that reboot i wouldnt worry about it some times they reboot if a program locks up which unpluging the 3.5mm jack could cause pandora to lock up sometimes especially if its allrdy runninng wierd
    11-11-09 07:58 PM
    all of you that can use the 3.5mm jack in your car, do you all have newer cars/stereos that already have a special jack for that? i have an 04 monte carlo and i'm trying to figure out how to get slacker radio to work without using an fm receiver :S
    allmost all after market radios have headphone jacks in them and some newer cars do best bet if you dont feel like changing your head unit it fm modulator or if your car can play cassetes you can buy a bluetooth fm modulator though which are pretty nice
    11-11-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD