After a week of BlackBerry bliss (new user), everything went haywire! My address book (synched to my Mac address book w/Pocket Mac) suddenly developed a mind of it's own. 3 separate problems are making me want to go back to my old phone, but I was so happy at first, I thought I would see it anyone can help me. Problems are:

1.I have over 300 addresses and was using filters to display the ones I use most often. Now when I choose a filter, only 2 or 3 addresses display, even thought the proper category shows when I view them in the address book.

2. The find feature stopped working! I have to scroll through ALL the entries to find the one I want. As an example, I have Andy Robinson as an address. When I type in "A" in the find mode, it lists only 2 addresses, and neither the first or last name begins with an "A". If I type in "Andy" or " Robinson" or "Andy Robinson", it says no address found. If I go back and scroll through all of them (the only way to find it now), it's still there.

3. If I change or add to any of my contacts, they go to the end of my address book after the Z's and form a new alphabetized list. I have tried resorting by both first and last name, but they still end up at the very end.
    Help!
    Last edited by wygal; 04-25-08 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Problem Solved! Thanks to all who answer/ed. Nice to be here!
    04-25-08 10:16 AM
    1., 2., and 3.: With the device powered on, remove the battery, hold for 30 seconds and replace, reboot, retry.
    04-25-08 10:19 AM
    IT WORKED! Let the second honeymoon begin!!!!! I just became an instant huge fan of this site and will be checking back regularly.

Many thanks!
    04-25-08 10:37 AM
    Welcome to cb!! we off marriage counseling...etc. Lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-08 10:41 AM
    Welcome to CB! Happy Berrying, I personaly do a battery pull when I get up EVERY Wednseday Morning. Just to clear out the memory of the device. I also set the Auto on/off to turn it off for 5 minutes every day right before I get up. this may help.
    04-25-08 10:47 AM

Counceling? Well, I can't get my berry to cook or clean or do dishes... what do you suggest? LOL I don't even have one yet but I will when the curve comes out.
    04-25-08 12:03 PM
    wygal - Though we offer counseling et all, I'm a little disappointed u're trying to give up too easily...Welcome to CB Addiction!!

Mandalyn - What are u talking abt not owning a BB? Ur profile says u own a 8330!!
    04-25-08 05:13 PM
    Welcome to the Crack! you're now Family
    04-25-08 08:36 PM
    Welcome to CB! Happy Berrying, I personaly do a battery pull when I get up EVERY Wednseday Morning. Just to clear out the memory of the device. I also set the Auto on/off to turn it off for 5 minutes every day right before I get up. this may help.
    Wait a minute....I can set my Curve 8320 to turn off and on automatically?? How do I do this??
    04-25-08 09:32 PM
    Wait a minute....I can set my Curve 8320 to turn off and on automatically?? How do I do this??
    Options -> Auto On/off
    04-25-08 09:46 PM
    Options -> Auto On/off
    Everyday I find another reason to love this phone more...
    04-25-08 09:56 PM
    wygal - Welcome to CrackBerry
    04-25-08 09:58 PM
    Here is another tid bit, or should I say berry, for your crack pipe. No need to actually do a "battery pull", just do a "alt+cap+del", does the same. Enjoy!

04-26-08 12:35 AM
    Welcome to CB !
    04-26-08 12:48 AM
    i guess i'm just lucky.. no battery pulls for me yet. i just don't believe in i need to. i've had some strange problems pop up, but nothing that using the application "Soft Reset" hasnt cured.

and thats one reason i like my pearl
    04-26-08 01:57 AM
    90% of all BB problems can be fixed by doing a battery pull...just no one bothers to try the simplest thing first..it's like everyone WANTS to make their lives harder for some reason!
    04-26-08 02:40 AM

haha i got my girl a bb hoping it would help our "why are you always on that thing" problems but it didnt help i think ill need the marriage counseling please
    04-26-08 03:01 AM
    wygal - Though we offer counseling et all, I'm a little disappointed u're trying to give up too easily...Welcome to CB Addiction!!

Mandalyn - What are u talking abt not owning a BB? Ur profile says u own a 8330!!
    because when it comes out I will have that one.
    04-28-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD