I have tried all suggestions that I found on the forum but I still have the application indicator (circle with red asterisk) on my home screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    02-04-11 03:26 PM

does it look like any one of these? it sounds like you have a BB App world or an app update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 04:36 PM
    Sounds like an app world update. Check your messages, when I got the update icon I also received a email from Blackberry about the update with a link. It should go away after you open the mail and update.

02-04-11 06:01 PM
    Sounds like an app world update. Check your messages, when I got the update icon I also received a email from Blackberry about the update with a link. It should go away after you open the mail and update.

+1 albee, I rec'd my email and update 'icon' on bb yesterday, & there is a new vers of BB App World avail.

02-04-11 08:28 PM
    I have checked my messages and I can't find any outstanding message. I removed the battery and the app indicator icon is still on my home screen.

Maybe I'm not looking in the correct place? I have checked all the folders under messages. Is there another place I should check?
    02-06-11 05:43 PM
    Open app world, go to the myworld icon. Log in. It should say bb app world update right at the top.

Bronx74 likes this.
    02-06-11 08:46 PM
    Open app world, go to the myworld icon. Log in. It should say bb app world update right at the top.

Thanks, albee 1. I never did set up bb app world but did find the message.
    02-06-11 10:00 PM
    Glad I could help Bronx.

02-07-11 08:07 AM
    I have a symbol that is a grey mail symbol with the BB symbol in the middle and a red circle with a "1" in it.

Does anyone know what this symbol means? Can't post a link to a pic since i dont have 10 posts yet.

Thanks
    02-26-11 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD