I have a strange status indicator icon that I have never seen before appear on my phone, and is not in the manual. It is a black ball with an arrow pointing downward with a red circle on the upper right hand side with a white dot in the middle. There is also the number 1 on the left hand side.

Can anyone help a dude out?
    08-14-09 05:00 PM
    It means you have an update/message in App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 05:28 PM
    I've checked in the App World and updgraded (yesterday, then it appeared) to the latest version, but the icon is still present. I've tried turning the phone on and off several times, but still nothing.

Where would someone find out if there are any messages or downloads that need attention?

Thanks.
    08-15-09 06:02 AM
    Messages, menu look in folders to see if something is there.
    08-15-09 09:22 AM
    I've checked in the App World and updgraded (yesterday, then it appeared) to the latest version, but the icon is still present. I've tried turning the phone on and off several times, but still nothing.

Where would someone find out if there are any messages or downloads that need attention?

Thanks.
    Fb, turning the phone on and off really doesn't accomplish much, try a time-honored Battery Pull. Pull the battery out for 30 seconds, reinstall, and let it reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 09:39 AM
    Just posted in another thread about this...it's going on w/ me too. And I've done a battery pull several times and it's still there.
    08-21-09 03:39 PM
    oh gee...after search I just opened the messages and then selected mark prior opened and it fixed it. Even though I swear I opened it before, guess not.
    08-21-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD