when i holster mine i notice the screen turns off. i was wondering if there is a setting that will allow me to have full use of my curve while it is holstered thank you
    01-11-08 12:49 AM
    You do have full use when it holstered, nothing is disabled, or closed upon holstering.

There are some options to answer or end phone calls on holstering, but nothing more.

The screen turns off on holstering as a battery-saver because there is a magnet in the holster that tells the BB to sleep.
    01-11-08 01:01 AM
    when i put it in none of the buttons were usable sorry im new do i need to press something or just run through how to us the buttons
    01-11-08 01:07 AM
    i can't even reach my buttons in my holster, lol... it's a side pouch
    01-11-08 01:18 AM
    When it is in the holster, you don't need to use the buttons, because it IS IN the holster. Remove it from the holster to use it. If you want the buttons usable, do not put it in the holster, or get a holster without the sleeper magnet--like a just a sock or something
    01-11-08 01:19 AM
    imtalkin bout just the plastic holster is there a way to keep the screen on when holstered or how do u turn it back on once holstered
    01-11-08 01:19 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "full use" when its holstered. As mentioned, the device is still operational when holstered. There are after market holsters that don't have magnets if your concern is the screen shutting down.

I know when my phone is holstered its not in a real good position to be used anyway. Pretty much anything I need my BB for would require me to take it out of its holster to accomplish it.
    01-11-08 01:22 AM
    Again, rbroller, the BB is not designed to be used as you are attempting, while it is holstered.
    It is specifically designed to be in sleep mode while holstered to a sleeper-enabled holster.
    01-11-08 01:31 AM
    I can make calls using voice dial from my Jawbone headset while my Curve is holstered in the OEM magnetic holster. Nothing else is really available, well, because the keyboard and trackball are covered and disabled while it's holstered. What exactly are you trying to do with it while it's in the holster?
    01-11-08 08:00 AM
    I have the OEM clip, so my phone is disabled whether facing in or out. However, this is exactly what I want it to do. I'm guessing you are wanting to use the phone while holstered? I would suggest an after market holster (without the magnet) or a skin of some kind.
    01-11-08 03:23 PM
    Yeah, get a skin. If it's holstered, it's not being used. Why try to use it in the holster?

This thread is funny...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-08 05:10 PM
    plastic holster???

Yeah, can you reach the buttons in the stock holster? NO! Buy an aftermarket holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kickinitlive247; 01-12-08 at 08:25 AM.
    01-11-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD