So I still want to know what puts my curve into "holster mode" when I put it into the stock pouch but not my cellet holster. I looked at the holster on the bb website and I don't want to pay $50 for one. Will any of the ones featured on crackberry work the same way as the stock pouch and put my phone into "holster mode"? (If the phone is on my me it only needs to vibrate, if my phone is on my desk it needs to ring aloud. )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-08 01:22 AM
    I think what puts it into holster mode is the magnet in the holster, but I would be careful of trying to cheat this one as too powerful of a magnet might be a bad deal!

Not absolutely sure on this, but an educated guess.
    01-09-08 01:39 AM
    I think what puts it into holster mode is the magnet in the holster, but I would be careful of trying to cheat this one as too powerful of a magnet might be a bad deal!

Not absolutely sure on this, but an educated guess.
    You are right. There is a small magnet in the holster or pouch that lets your phone know where it is. Some sites will say whether their product has a magnet or not. Good deals on these can be found by searching eBay, or the store right here on Crackberry.
    01-09-08 01:48 AM
    has anyone shredded a stock holster to find out?
    01-09-08 09:32 AM
    It's a small magnet. You can buy one for about a buck in most home centers. One that would work is about the size of a quarter. You could "modify" you case to accept the magnet.
    01-09-08 10:10 AM
    I finally found the magnet. Its at the bottom of the trackball groove on the stock holster. I'm going to try to put one in a similar spot on my holster. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-08 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD