Hey I have to admit I am at a loss, I love my curve and the 2600 battery but now I have a problem. I can put it in a holster cause no cases will fit it, or place it in my pocket.
    I am going nuts trying to decide on which i should do.
    The holster is nice cause of the "sleep" function, but leaves the bare berry exposed if i dump it. Plus it seems to move a bit more free than i want, i feel like it is going to fall off and that freaks me out.
    On the other hand the pocket means it will have a bit more protection from bumping and is closer to my person. The down side of that will be most notably pocket lint I am worried that if I place it in my pocket overtime the lint will kill my trackball. Plus on the holster I like the "sleep" function, and ability to have a "Holstered" ringer
    How bad/good would pocket VS Holster be?
    I need advice from longtime BB users on what will work and what wont.

Main Question I want answered is if pocketing my berry would be a mistake and end up hurting it. Any help I would love. THANK YOU!
    05-20-08 12:41 PM
    Are you an engineer? How old are you? I am 38 and an engineer, but my feelings are that holsters look dorky. Everyone has a cell phone these days. People in the past used to do it to show off thier phone. I can see executives using a holster, but that is about it.
    I have been putting mine in my pocket for over a year and there has not been a problem yet. On the other hand, it takes a lot of disapline to only put your phone in one pocket and the rest of your stuff in the other pocket so the berry doesn't get scratched.
    05-20-08 01:35 PM
    Mine is always in my pocket, no pocket lint problems. Besides you can always take the trackball out and clean it after 10 yrs of pocket lint accumulates.
    05-20-08 01:37 PM
    I prefer holster to pocket because:

a. I keep many things in my pocket and although I take them out if/when my BB is in, there may be remnants or dust which can scratch the body or screen

b. In my pocket, the phone keeps getting pressed once I sit down...which I do for a majority of my time..sitting at the desk.

c. The holster has the sleep magnet which can save a lot of battery power

d. The holster is more easy to access when sitting or driving.

e. BB holsters look very nice and non-geeky plus they have a thin groove in the center which accomodates the track ball and prevents it from getting pressed all the time.
    05-20-08 01:54 PM
    Are you an engineer? How old are you? I am 38 and an engineer, but my feelings are that holsters look dorky.
    Agreed. I'm only 28, but I'm an engineer too and in my office there are phones in holsters on A LOT of belts...but that's to be expected because most engineers ARE dorky.

My Curve will live in my pocket like every phone I've ever had prior to it. If my trackball gives me problems, there's a thread in the FAQ/Tips section on how to take it out and clean it...but more realistically, by the time any lint starts to affect my phone, it'll probably time for a new phone anyway. (With Verizon, I get a new phone every 20 months - New every two.)

Embracing our inner dorks is one thing (because I went into a career of engineering and I watch entirely too much Science Channel and documentaries/lectures about astronomy and stuff) but wearing my inner dork on the outside in the form of a belt holster is something that I must reject! :P
    05-20-08 02:04 PM
    I am 26 and work in IT, but for the most part the reason I use the 2600 is because i listen to music and surf a lot, I considered getting a 1500 battery and then just buying gel skin but not sure if i should. Any thoughts?
    05-20-08 02:15 PM
    pocket all the way. I also use the black rubber skin from RIM and Best Skins Ever and always, ALWAYS have a completely dedicated pocket for the berry.
    05-20-08 02:17 PM
    I am greatfull for all the replies I look forward to what others think.
    05-20-08 02:18 PM
    well I put it in my pocket and I got dust under my screen. I use a holster now that I tried to repair it and now have no outer screen. Ps: don't open your berry if you break it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 02:28 PM
    well I put it in my pocket and I got dust under my screen. I use a holster now that I tried to repair it and now have no outer screen. Ps: don't open your berry if you break it

How did dust get under the screen? I use BSE for screen.
    05-20-08 02:36 PM
    I have several cases and holsters but still carry my phone in my front pocket. Pocket lint isn't a problem. Pull your pockets inside out before your pants go into the clothes dryer- no lint. As for holsters, I like them but they are always in the way. I catch them on stuff a lot like my seat belt or the arm of my chair, etc.
    05-20-08 02:38 PM
    OK so I think with lint not being a problem I will be doing the pocket thing. Now the new question would be to keep the 2600 battery or go with the 1500 or OEM so i can use a rubber skin for it. Any thoughts on that? Keep in mind I use my BB for media a lot. Finally I do thank you all very much for the helpful replies.
    05-20-08 03:36 PM
    My 8300 got dust under screen. Was this problem fixed? I haven't heard people complaining abt dust under screen recently.

05-20-08 03:39 PM
    You can put your curve to sleep by holding down the mute button on the top edge of the phone. You unsleep it by pressing mute again. If you do this it will keep the pocket keypresses under control.

05-20-08 03:49 PM
    I guess I'm a dork because I deploy the holster. For some reason I can never put my car keys in the same damn pocket and therefor I run the risk of my big ol' Dodge key making out with my Curve's screen.
    05-20-08 03:54 PM
    OK so I think with lint not being a problem I will be doing the pocket thing. Now the new question would be to keep the 2600 battery or go with the 1500 or OEM so i can use a rubber skin for it. Any thoughts on that? Keep in mind I use my BB for media a lot. Finally I do thank you all very much for the helpful replies.
    personally, I don't see much need for the bigger batteries, considering that a usb cable plugged into any computer will charge it... I have a wall charger at home, as well as a usb cable just dangling from my home computer; i have a usb cable on my computer at work; and I have a car charger. There really aren't many places I go where I can't charge the thing. But that's just me...
    05-20-08 04:17 PM
    That's right front right pocket is dedicated to the berry. Nothing else is allowed in that pocket. As for dust I have no problem although I have had a little under the screen can someone tell me how that happens and can I clean it

05-20-08 04:25 PM
    can always get a pocket sleve thing. crack berry store
    05-20-08 04:34 PM
    I had the Curve for AT&T a long time ago; the 8300. That one got lint under the screen after two days. Now, I have the 8320 for T-Mobile and have had no problems with lint at all. My friend and I have the same phone and we don't have any lint or dust problems. We both keep them in our pockets with just a skin on the phone.

05-20-08 04:54 PM
    My Verizon Curve came with a sleeve and I've been using it & carrying it in my front pocket. With the sleeve, the Berry goes to sleep and it pretty well protected from the keys. However, since reading this thread I may see if I can vacate the pocket when using the sleeve.

I just got a 3rd party leather belt clip case today and noticed that the unit only goes to sleep if I put the berry in face out. The voice dialing button can be pushed when face in and it starts talking.

I'm still trying to make the same decision. Pretty nice to keep it hidden but sure is fast to draw when on the belt.
    05-20-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD