When I set my tone volumes and ringtones, what does it mean in holser and out of holster? Meaning, how does it know when it is in a holser? And what constitutes a "holser"? in a Blackberry holster? A leather case? My pocket?
    08-20-08 06:31 PM
    In holster means it is in any holster or case with a sleeper magnet
    that will put it into standby. Out of holster is self-explantory.

The in holster option is helpful because the BB will usually be in a place
    where it is harder to hear or you can't see the alert light. All of my in
    holster options use the vibrate feature
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-20-08 at 06:39 PM.
    08-20-08 06:36 PM
    You can set up 2 different tunes. One for when it is in the holster it came with(or equivelent magnet holster). or it can play the same or different tune when you just have it in your pocket or laying around(out of holster)
    08-20-08 06:40 PM
    Ah ha.... so thats what that thing is on the back of the holster. I just thought they screwed up and sewed the belt clip shut.
    08-20-08 06:49 PM
    Anyway to get Blackberry media player to continue to function when you holster the phone?
    08-20-08 07:34 PM
    Ah ha.... so thats what that thing is on the back of the holster. I just thought they screwed up and sewed the belt clip shut.
    If you look closely that is the trackball groove so as you enter/exit the holster your trackball doesn't ZZZzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiipppp!!! The magnet cannot be seen. And I'm with you , I would have much rather had a belt loop!

Anyway to get Blackberry media player to continue to function when you holster the phone?
    Mine always does continue to function and I use the media player ALL day. What is not functioning?
    08-20-08 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD