Why doesnt the BB Calendar show Holidays?
    I have my calendar sync'd to Yahoo Calendar and it still doesn't show them. Is there something special that needs to be downloaded?
    02-06-08 01:44 PM
    Maybe bcause holidays are not celebrated everywhere, so RIM leaves it open to the consumer to input the ones they celebrate. Yeah, I dunno LOL
    02-06-08 03:31 PM
    GoDJ is right, these days putting certain things in it will 'insult' certain people. Christmas is a Christian only thing, Independance day is a US only thing, no holiday is universal. Not even New Years, the Chinese have it in Feb (yet here in the UK we celebrate it. ???) And the Jewish calander is over 1,000 years ahead of the RIM calender and any other I know of...

ADLEN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-08 04:28 PM
    Dumb.

So much for not needing anything but your BB to manage ur life.

I just want the plain old US version that shows up on all the free calendars that are sent to my house every year from charities looking for donations.
    Geesh. Is that too much to ask?

btw, Thanks for replying guys!
    Last edited by petersn1; 02-06-08 at 04:42 PM. Reason: thank you
    02-06-08 04:40 PM
    Just pop em in yourself. Use the menu key and hit 'go to date', hit in the date and Robert's your mother's brother, enter your holiday. In some ways it's better than having them pre-programed, you might not WANT to be reminded of something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-08 04:52 PM
    I just want the plain old US version that shows up on all the free calendars that are sent to my house every year from charities looking for donations.
    Thats just classic! Youre welcome.
    02-06-08 05:14 PM
    If you are syncing with OUtlook, you can have Outlook input the holidays. Or you can spend a little time and input whichever ones you want into Outlook or your bb and make it recur yearly.
    02-06-08 08:20 PM
    If you have Outlook you can use it to input them automatically.
    02-06-08 08:23 PM
    do you have the jewish calender download
    04-30-09 01:06 PM
    I used outlook to import the holidays.
    04-30-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD