Hey all I got a bb 8130 yesterday, and for about six hours i have been trying to figure out how to send files to my phone ringtone, video, etc. I do not have the bb plan yet and dont want to use the internet. I went to blackberry.com and downloaded pocketmac but i cannot figure out how to send files through that program. I also tried to use the bluethooth on my mac to send the same files but i am getting error codes. If possible i just want to use the coputer program to send all files, if anyone can help please reply or send an email

thanks in advance
    07-05-08 12:41 PM
    Pocket MAC also requires a driver that can be found Blackberry.com. This is most likely where you got the pocket Mac.
    07-05-08 12:42 PM
    What type of files are you tring to send? If it is mp3, wallpaper/pictues or ringtones you should just be able to hook it up to you mac with the usb cable and the sd card will mount on your mac and you can just drag and drop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 01:39 PM
    I have a Pearl and use a mac also. But I do have a few windows computers around still. Pocketmac is good for syncing up your calender, and contacts. I too have tried to add programs and it wouldn't work. I had to revert to using windows to add a programs and such to my BB.

From what I have read so far, that is an issue with BB. They don't do much to address the mac addicts out here.
    07-05-08 01:52 PM
    I am trying to send ringtones and all the rest of the stuff. I do not have an micro card yet but I am going to go and buy it today. thanks for the help and the info
    07-06-08 11:36 AM
    I am trying to send ringtones and all the rest of the stuff. I do not have an micro card yet but I am going to go and buy it today. thanks for the help and the info
    you need a memory card so the device can be viewed by the mac as a mass storage device.

or in mac terms, "the drive on your desk NOT labeled 'Mac'"
    07-06-08 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD