Had an issue with an e-mail icon recently that would not disappear from my main screen, despite the fact I had no unread items in my inbox. Did a Quickpull and it disappeared. Unfortunately, that doesn't help with my new problem.

I use YouMail for my voicemail and even when someone leaves a voicemail message, I NEVER seen the voicemail icon (which is fine) as I usually just get an e-mail and SMS alert in my inbox. My phone acted weird as I came out of the train station today and some calls went directly to voicemail instead of ringing... no biggie. Only something unusual occurred, I received a msg that reads "1 NEW VMAIL 0 URG 0 FAX *86" and now have a voicemail icon on my main screen that WILL NOT GO AWAY. I have no new, unread voicemails when I check it and there are no messages unread in my inbox or any of my folders. In addition, unless I'm crazy, a "Call Voicemail" option has also now been added to the menu everytime I press the Blackberry key andI don't think that option was there before.

Very weird stuff. I want that stuff gone and don't know how to get rid of it!! Please help

-Jason
    10-07-10 01:11 AM
    So you know, I've since tried physically removing the battery while the unit is on, as well as leaving myself a voicemail from another phone and then logging in to delete the new voicemail and NEITHER worked.
    10-07-10 08:57 AM
    Check to see if you have any 'saved' voicemails. Don't know why, but maybe the unread voicemail went straight to saved.
    10-07-10 08:59 AM
    Nope, nothing is unread. The few saved messages I have have been there for quite some time and have also been marked as read. I may have to live with this stupid icon on my screen now, which just boggles my mind.
    10-07-10 09:28 AM
    This happened to me a few months back and I called my service provider who walked me through these steps. It seems that Step 3 is the most important (not sure why):

1. Have someone leave you, or leave yourself, a voicemail from another phone.
    2. Ring your voicemail and listen to your message and delete it.
    3. THEN -- PRESS the # key to disconnect -- DO NOT JUST HANG UP.

This worked for me... icon gone... hope it works for you too!
    10-07-10 09:35 AM
    Thanks. For me, it's the ASTERISK key that disconnects me from voicemail instead of just hanging up, and that didn't work. I tried what you said anyway, but with the YouMail service, the # key merely advances to the next skipped or saved message, it doesn't disconnect you from the service.
    10-07-10 09:45 AM
    Did this start after Youmail or has it worked fine until now. Sounds like Youmail is messing with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 10:38 AM
    I've been using YouMail for quite some time now. I actually would never even get the voicemail icon pop up, even when I would receive a voicemail message. The way it would always work is I would have an e-mail/SMS notification, which I still do. o me seeing the actual voicemail icon is a rather new experience for me.

I *did* upgrade YouMail thru the app store to it's latest version yesterday, which may or may not be a coincidence.
    10-07-10 11:07 AM
    i had the same issue right after i activated my voicemail account ... may or may not work for you but my voicemail icon went away after i went to the service provider website turned notifications off waited a minute and then turned the notifications on again ... might not work with youmail ... but maybe worth a try??
    10-07-10 11:31 AM
    Thanks, I just got off the phone with VZW to see if they could help. They said it definitely sounded like an issue with YouMail. I spoke to a tech named Paul who was awesome and helped me get rid of the icon. He disabled a certain function on my line from his end and when I went to call into my voicemail inbox, there was a lost little voicemail from last night, even though my inbox had been telling me I had no new messages. I deleted it and voila, the icon disappeared.

While we were on, he helped me with another issue I noticed that started after I updated YouMail yesterday. Typically, I would press a hot key and it would automatically connect me into my voicemail inbox, but I had now noticed that when I pressed the hot key, it was taking me to my actual voicemail message to leave one for myself! I'd have to hit the * key for it to actually put me into the inbox. So now we're using pause dialing where it will automatically hit * each time I dial into the inbox so we can avoid me having to hit it each time.
    10-07-10 11:38 AM
    Hooray, I love it when things get resolved. To the ones who never post back, we learn nothing without the communicating the end result. Thanks Solo for confirming.

10-07-10 01:11 PM
    Thanks for the help here! Same thing randomly happened to me on my Torch, I think my voicemail was having a bad day. I had been listening to a voicemail today, hung up on it without deleting, but the icon still showed. Called back to delete the message, the inbox was empty. Had to call ATT to have it reset. Phew!

11-18-10 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD