after banging my head against the wall and trying every suggestion on the web to change my home page address from blackberry.com to google - i made the leap and phoned tech suppport ,

1) ON YOUR BB GO TO OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/BROWSER - CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER CONFIGURATION TO WHATEVER YOUR PROVIDER IS FOR EXAMPLE MINE IS WAP BROWSER ( ROGERS ) AND SAVE IT .

2) OPEN THE BROWSER APP/MENU KEY/OPTIONS/BROWSER CONFIGURATION - SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM AND YOU CAN NOW CHANGE THE HOME PAGE ADDRESS TO WHATEVER YOU WANT ( I USE GOOGLE ) AND ABOVE THAT ( START PAGE ) SHOULD SAY HOME . SAVE EXIT AND CLOSE BROWSER / OPEN BROWSER AND YOU SHOULD NOW BE POINTED AT YOUR HOME PAGE ....

THE KEY TO BEING ABLE TO OVERWRITE THE BB HOMEPAGE IS STEP NUMBER 1 ABOVE ..

I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE STUMPPED BY THIS ONE SO THOUGHT I'D POST THIS OUT THERE ...
    01-12-09 07:30 PM
    I think most people just use the regular 'Browser' and not the one from their provider.
    Only need to go to your desired page, go to Options > Browser Configuration > use current.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 07:39 PM
    after banging my head against the wall and trying every suggestion on the web to change my home page address from blackberry.com to google - i made the leap and phoned tech suppport ,

1) ON YOUR BB GO TO OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/BROWSER - CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER CONFIGURATION TO WHATEVER YOUR PROVIDER IS FOR EXAMPLE MINE IS WAP BROWSER ( ROGERS ) AND SAVE IT .

2) OPEN THE BROWSER APP/MENU KEY/OPTIONS/BROWSER CONFIGURATION - SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM AND YOU CAN NOW CHANGE THE HOME PAGE ADDRESS TO WHATEVER YOU WANT ( I USE GOOGLE ) AND ABOVE THAT ( START PAGE ) SHOULD SAY HOME . SAVE EXIT AND CLOSE BROWSER / OPEN BROWSER AND YOU SHOULD NOW BE POINTED AT YOUR HOME PAGE ....

THE KEY TO BEING ABLE TO OVERWRITE THE BB HOMEPAGE IS STEP NUMBER 1 ABOVE ..

I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE STUMPPED BY THIS ONE SO THOUGHT I'D POST THIS OUT THERE ...
    i dont have any other options other than internet browser in my browser config. must be the reason i cant change the home page. thanks for the post though.
    01-12-09 07:54 PM
    Well this worked for me, thanks very much! This has been bugging me for months!
    01-15-09 05:23 AM
    I'm stumped on this one. All was working before I tried to update to Vodafone UK .173, and when that gave problems with message alerts, I reverted to .141. Since then, I have not been able to change my Home Page. If I go to Browser Config and change to O2 Active, I can change the Home Page, but then get a Vodafone splash screen up, with a message saying it cannot connect to the Internet. I've sent service books, but to no avail. The only way I can connect to the internet is by using the default Internet Browser, which prevents change of Home Page.

Since this failed 'upgrade', I have really lost faith in BB, as it took me several hours last night to get things back to 'normal', after doing a wipe to try to install the new software. This is just so frustrating and ridiculous. At least Nokias just work.
    09-23-09 01:45 AM
    Thanks! Very good info!
    09-25-09 09:21 AM
    I think most people just use the regular 'Browser' and not the one from their provider.
    Only need to go to your desired page, go to Options > Browser Configuration > use current.

Clicking 'Use Current' does nothing for me. I click it, however nothing happens at all.
    09-25-09 07:17 PM
    If your stuck on the BB Home page and it will not change or you dont even have the option to change it and you have tryed everything else do this:

1) Open your browser and go to google or something other than the BB page.
    2) Press Menu / Options / Browser Configuration and change your home page to what you want.
    3) Press Menu / Options / General properties and change default font size to something else.
    4) Close the browser by clicking Menu then close. Don't use the back button to close.
    5) Open browser, it should go to your new home page.
    6) Change your font size back to whatever it was.
    09-25-09 09:16 PM
    Clicking 'Use Current' does nothing for me. I click it, however nothing happens at all.
    Worked for me this time when I was about to try what House Ape suggested. Not sure why it decided to work this time.
    09-25-09 11:05 PM
    My problem with this is, if I select 'Internet Browser' as the default browser, it won't allow me to change the home page, not even select 'Use Current' by the above method. If I select 'O2 Active' as my default browser, I can change the home page, but it then won't let me connect to the internet, and I get a Vodofone splash screen with the error message when I try. The annoying thing is, I did have it working, until I tried upgrading to .173, but having found that my message tones and display were screwed up, I reverted back to .141, and that's when this problem started.
    09-26-09 05:00 AM
    My problem with this is, if I select 'Internet Browser' as the default browser, it won't allow me to change the home page, not even select 'Use Current' by the above method. If I select 'O2 Active' as my default browser, I can change the home page, but it then won't let me connect to the internet, and I get a Vodofone splash screen with the error message when I try. The annoying thing is, I did have it working, until I tried upgrading to .173, but having found that my message tones and display were screwed up, I reverted back to .141, and that's when this problem started.
    Often after an upgrade, you need to redo your settings such as ringtones and display. The way to get back what you had before is to restore the backup file the upgrade instructions tell you to create with DeskTop manager before you upgrade. This will restore your settings.

09-26-09 06:16 AM
    Often after an upgrade, you need to redo your settings such as ringtones and display. The way to get back what you had before is to restore the backup file the upgrade instructions tell you to create with DeskTop manager before you upgrade. This will restore your settings.

While I'm glad I did a backup before bringing my BB in for service (they replaced it), not everything was restored. I'm missing that second browser (have MediaNet only) and Personal Email Setup (have Setup Wizard, which seems geared just to my work email.
    09-26-09 09:30 AM
    1) ON YOUR BB GO TO OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS/BROWSER - CHANGE THE DEFAULT BROWSER CONFIGURATION TO WHATEVER YOUR PROVIDER IS FOR EXAMPLE MINE IS WAP BROWSER ( ROGERS ) AND SAVE IT .......
    When I click "change option" it highlights what's there (MEdia Net) but there's no way to change it.
    09-26-09 09:51 AM
    While I'm glad I did a backup before bringing my BB in for service (they replaced it), not everything was restored. I'm missing that second browser (have MediaNet only) and Personal Email Setup (have Setup Wizard, which seems geared just to my work email.
    I was only talking about profile settings such as ring tones and saved messages, etc. I'm not sure why you lost a browser. After an upgrade, it's always a good idea to register your device and send service books.
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> scroll down and click the help tab> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.
    Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

09-26-09 09:53 AM
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)
    Umm... gear? I don't seem to have one of those.
    09-26-09 03:51 PM
    If your stuck on the BB Home page and it will not change or you dont even have the option to change it and you have tryed everything else do this:

1) Open your browser and go to google or something other than the BB page.
    2) Press Menu / Options / Browser Configuration and change your home page to what you want.
    3) Press Menu / Options / General properties and change default font size to something else.
    4) Close the browser by clicking Menu then close. Don't use the back button to close.
    5) Open browser, it should go to your new home page.
    6) Change your font size back to whatever it was.
    Changing the font worked for me. Thanks for the tip.
    11-25-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD