Hi, I'm new to the blackberry forums and phone. I'm having problems with setting up my works email account on my blackberry. I've set up my other accounts with ease but when I try to set up my works outlook express account it continues to give me the same error "A connection could not be established to ***************** Please check that the server name is correct and that the server is available". I've contacted the administrators at my work who controls our email and they gave me the information but it still will not work. Can someone PLEASE HELP?
    12-05-07 07:35 PM
    I was excited at first because all my work email from outlook was automatically on my curve. Think again! It's a b*tch getting numerous emails during work, when you're in bed (smh), or when you just need some time and quiet. You should really rethink whether you want your outlook emails sent to your bb. Peace
    12-05-07 09:25 PM
    Hi, I'm new to the blackberry forums and phone. I'm having problems with setting up my works email account on my blackberry. I've set up my other accounts with ease but when I try to set up my works outlook express account it continues to give me the same error "A connection could not be established to ***************** Please check that the server name is correct and that the server is available". I've contacted the administrators at my work who controls our email and they gave me the information but it still will not work. Can someone PLEASE HELP?
    Assuming you're on BIS, are you trying to access OWA? Does you company run MS Exchange 2003 or 2007?
    12-06-07 06:12 AM
    I'm not sure. Does that matter? I finally got the account added but now it's saying that I have to download a program to a computer that is always on and connected to the internet. If it's not always on will it catch up on the emails that were missed while it was off? Is there any other way?
    12-07-07 08:59 PM
    It sounds as though you require a redirector. In order to forward the email from your work account to your BB you need to have a computer running that receives this email then forwards it to your BB. If the computer is off you don't/can't get the mail, but once turned on everything will forward so long as the redirector is turned on.

Before you turn this on check with your IT Dept and make certain you won't be breaking any company security policies with this setup. It isn't the safest way to receive email from work and leaves your companies network vulnerable to a hacker.
    12-08-07 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD