Hey guys, i have a 8320, am running the latest T-mobile Software (v 4.5.0.81) and I'm having a Wi-Fi issue.

It started maybe 2 weeks ago, and it has become a serious annoyance. My phone used to connect to my Wireless network as soon as I walk in my house, but now It connects to the network, but I get no service. I get a red Antenna symbol with a "sos", saying No Service, or I get the Network name, but a Blue Antenna Symbol with an X.

When I try to manually connect to the network, It shows the network at full strength (5 bars), In fact, right now it shows me as connected," however, when I look at the Network details it says:

Profile Name: xxxx
    SSID:xxxx
    Security: Open
    Signal Strength -42dBm
    AP MAC: xxxxx
    Device MAC: xxxxxx
    Channel: 1
    Network Type: 802.11b/g

(the xxxx's display relevant correct values which I have left out)

I dont understand how my network can have -42 dBm....is it an imploding network?

I'm really tired of this issue and I cant stand not being able to use my bb like I should be able to!

Any Ideas?
    12-22-08 11:04 PM
    I know almost nothing about WiFi enabled BB's but maybe this
    will help you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    12-22-08 11:07 PM
    i always have problems with my wifi on my bb too... try to unplug your modem and your router to let it restart and try again. i know that worked for me once....??
    12-22-08 11:39 PM
    i always have problems with my wifi on my bb too... try to unplug your modem and your router to let it restart and try again. i know that worked for me once....??
    Either that or delete the WiFi connection in your BlackBerry, then re-add it using auto-detect.

What kind of router do you have?
    12-22-08 11:42 PM
    I have the Hotspot feature using WiFi here at home and I had that issue for a while too. Just ignore it and it will act more normal after a while. When you keep playing with your router/phone WiFi settings they seem to have an issue authenticating.

And the -48db is about a 50% connection, 0 being the worst and -100 being the best signal... I usually hover at -85 at home which is very good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 12:30 AM
    Either that or delete the WiFi connection in your BlackBerry, then re-add it using auto-detect.

What kind of router do you have?
    Have tried both. I have a Linksys WRT160Nv2 ...could that be the problem? It was working before, thats the strangest part...

I have the Hotspot feature using WiFi here at home and I had that issue for a while too. Just ignore it and it will act more normal after a while. When you keep playing with your router/phone WiFi settings they seem to have an issue authenticating.

And the -48db is about a 50% connection, 0 being the worst and -100 being the best signal... I usually hover at -85 at home which is very good.

I've been ignoring it for 2 weeks and it still doesnt connect...I highly doubt this problem will resolve itself.
    12-23-08 02:06 AM
    Try this ...go to your wifi options and move your router connection to the top of the list then hit edit and select "allow inter access point handover". Then do a battery pull. Also do you have your settings set as wifi preffered?

12-23-08 06:59 AM
    Did you switch routers? I find only old wifi routers work with my curve.
    12-23-08 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD