My hubby gave me this phone and it use to belong to his boss. His boss called verizon and got the unlock code so I was unable to unlock it and use it with tmobile. The only thing is that I haven't been able to set up my email because everytime I try to do it through tmobile, it gives me an error. Yesterday my phone was acting weird so I pulled the battery and when it came back on, I received a text saying Congratulations [email protected] (the bosses email address) has been succesfully setup and that I would start receiving emails and sure enough not even 5 minutes later I had 54 of this mans personal business emails!!!! I need to erase the email address from my device ASAP.
    06-26-09 03:50 PM
    Your hubbies boss probably needs to delete his email from his business server or carriers..
    06-26-09 03:52 PM
    What you need to do is go to the options>security options>general settings, hit the menu key and select wipe handheld, this will wipe the hand held and restore it to factory, just like it came out the box, and you might after that need to unlock it again. i am not sure though.
    06-26-09 03:54 PM
    What you need to do is go to the options>security options>general settings, hit the menu key and select wipe handheld, this will wipe the hand held and restore it to factory, just like it came out the box, and you might after that need to unlock it again. i am not sure though.

Will that delete all the info I have on it. I've had it for about 2 months already and this just started
    06-26-09 03:57 PM
    yep...but you should be able to resync your contacts etc...
    06-26-09 03:59 PM
    In addition to the wipe, the device has to be removed from HIS BES & BIS and then you can use it. But, I will say this, you'll want to remove the I.T. Policy, too. Failing to do so will result in certain applications not working. We have a few threads on crackberry.com on how to do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 04:00 PM
    In addition to the wipe, the device has to be removed from HIS BES & BIS and then you can use it. But, I will say this, you'll want to remove the I.T. Policy, too. Failing to do so will result in certain applications not working. We have a few threads on crackberry.com on how to do this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks. Even though I've had the phone for about two months, I really haven't messed with it and when I have tried to set my email through tmobile, it gives me an error. I hear all the great things about blackberry but because of all the problems that I have had I'm starting to not be very fond of it but then I read all the awesome things it does and I'm just like "mine doesn't do that"...LOL
    06-26-09 04:05 PM
    Your issues are not phone related just that it was preowned...
    06-26-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD