I have a Sprint/Nextel BB 8330. When I have it dial my VM, it automatically starts calling back the number that left the message. How the heck do I turn that off, it's so annoying?!
    11-19-09 11:03 AM
    what do you mean "when i have it call my VM"? you can click on the SMS message and keep clicking until the menu comes up and you select "call voicemail", or you can press and hold the "w/1" key to call voicemail.
    11-19-09 11:08 AM
    yeah, that's what I mean. It's programmed in so that when I say "call voicemail" it dials the number. I meant I didn't have to dial it myself. However, it automatically starts to call back the number that left a message and I have to hit ## to stop it. I don't want that feature on, but can't seem to figure out what it is in my VM and stop it.
    11-19-09 11:10 AM
    i wouldnt worry about it. its easier just to press and hold "W". i dont use voice dial.. to sketchy, and it ends up taking longer than it would to dial a number.
    11-19-09 11:15 AM
    I just tried pressing and holding W. it does the same thing there- automatically calls back the number that called and left a vm.
    11-19-09 11:18 AM
    do a battery pull(phone on, pull the battery out and replace in 30 seconds). then try it again after it boots. if it still is doing that, go to your phone "APP" and hit menu>options>speed dial numbers and make the "w" key say "voice mail 5553334444"
    obviously the 555 number would be YOUR number w/ area code.
    11-19-09 11:22 AM
    So if you hold down the 1 key-it call the person that left a vm?
    11-19-09 11:53 AM
    no, please read exactly what I wrote. Phone dials VM- no matter what way you dial VM - it will then go into VM. Once in VM, after PW is entered, it will automatically dial the number of the person that left me a VM. It doesn't do it immediately when you hit the 1 Key. It's inside teh VM system.

Removing hte battery doesn't reset it, it came this way, and I've been living w/ it for months. I have had the battery out a dozen times, yet it still does the same thing. It has to be in my settings, but I can't figure out how to change it.
    11-19-09 12:26 PM
    no, please read exactly what I wrote. Phone dials VM- no matter what way you dial VM - it will then go into VM. Once in VM, after PW is entered, it will automatically dial the number of the person that left me a VM. It doesn't do it immediately when you hit the 1 Key. It's inside teh VM system.

Removing hte battery doesn't reset it, it came this way, and I've been living w/ it for months. I have had the battery out a dozen times, yet it still does the same thing. It has to be in my settings, but I can't figure out how to change it.
    do a battery pull(phone on, pull the battery out and replace in 30 seconds). then try it again after it boots. if it still is doing that, go to your phone "APP" and hit menu>options>speed dial numbers and make the "w" key say "voice mail 5553334444"
    obviously the 555 number would be YOUR number w/ area code.
    did you try this?
    11-19-09 01:41 PM
    yes, I did.
    11-19-09 01:55 PM
    then it sounds like you might need to wipe your device and reinstall the OS/take your phone to sprint and tell them whats wrong with it..
    11-19-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD