I am trying to upgrade so I will have the video capabilities. My desktop software says I have v 4.6. I've connected my phone to the computer and did the application loader but my phone still says it is v4.2.2.170.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    11-15-08 07:31 AM
    Did you download and install the new OS on your computer?
    11-15-08 07:33 AM
    Hi lastraid.

I guess not. I'm not very blackberry literate yet... Where would I go to get the OS? I got the desktop software from the Blackberry site.
    11-15-08 07:39 AM
    Usually your carrier, if they have released it officially will provide a site to go to. If not, then search around here and folks ill tell you where to get a version that will work on your device. If you are not comfortable with your device yet, I would not attempt this with out doing some serious reading here and check the the 101 lectures in the newbie sections
    11-15-08 07:49 AM
    If your provider hasn't released it yet, just check the sticky's @ the top of this forum. Make sure you get the device specific one tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 09:07 AM
    Thanks everyone! I didn't realize that there was a separate file for the OS...so I'm good to go now.

The upgrade worked great and I now have video!!
    11-15-08 09:35 AM
    After upgrades, be sure to send your service books again and register the host routing table.

HRT - options, advanced, host routing table, menu key, register.

To send your books, find your manage internet email icon, click on it and follow to Send service books.
    11-15-08 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD