i have had my curve 8310 for just about a year now i got it new and just tonight the click to select stopped working. i popped the track ball out and cleaned off the connector plate underneith the track ball but its still not working. can anybody help me out?
    10-07-09 09:37 PM
    I had the same problem with my wifes 8900. Although she was able to press down and select you couldn't hear the click. Out of curiosity I took her phone apart and noticed that the conector plate was loose. I changed it and walla! Issue resolved! You may have the same issue. Or you can have a perfect excuse to upgrade

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 10:50 PM
    This is what you would need to replace if you want to get the physical click of the trackball back:

BlackBerry OEM trackball dome - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

The trackball itself has nothing to do with the clicking. When replacing be very careful to only take and replace only sticker on top of the actual "click sensor" or else your take off the whole thing right off the pcb and find yourself in a deep hole.
    10-07-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD