Thanks so much in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated!

The trackball on my 8320 had an unfortunate encounter with some beer last night (thanks to my wife)- it still scrolls just fine in all directions, but the "click" button feature is no longer working. After only 12 hours, I am already thoroughly frustrated, any ideas?
    10-11-09 03:43 PM
    Purchase a new BERRY.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 03:58 PM
    Pull out the trackball assembly and try cleaning it with a Q-tip and alcohol and also the well that it is seated in. The trackball comes out very easy, you just pop the bezel around the trackball off.
    10-11-09 04:04 PM
    Look in the crackberry store. Trackpad assemblies are pretty cheap. If they don't have one for your phone just google for a store there out there.
    10-11-09 04:10 PM
    Thanks for the advice...I have seen threads regarding cleaning/replacing the ball, but most of the problems leading to that procedure have seemed like scrolling issues, not clicking issues so I wasn't sure. Worth a try I suppose!
    10-11-09 04:17 PM
    Two things in this thread to note:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tra...le-now-300038/

The cleaning procedure linked by BigBadWulf, and the dome switch covers that you will most likely need after you remove the original dome cover to clean the microswitch underneath.

Also, use the Enter key instead of the trackball click whenever possible.
    10-11-09 04:21 PM
    @xliderider- Thanks for the link to the thread, I figured one existed but I was having trouble finding it! Time to roll up my sleeves....

BTW, I have always figured I should be using the enter key, but it's just so out of the way sometimes
    10-11-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD