Hi,

I recently purchased a Blackberry Curve from T-Mobile and as soon as I started using my phone, I noticed that the other person's voice sounded very low. When I used my phone the next day again I began getting echos and static when trying to talk on the phone to someone. I have a 14 day return policy with the phone. The Blackberry Technician recommended I first get a new sim card and if that does not work I would get a new Blackberry Curve from T-Mobile. I was wondering if anybody ever had the same issues I am experiencing now and do you think I should order a new Curve? Thanks.
    12-18-08 10:44 PM
    what does your signal strength look like, how many bars? are you inside of a building or outside when this happens? same location or all over? are you using uma or mobile network?
    12-19-08 05:50 AM
    It could also be that you somehow received one of the original 8320's from back in 2007....... I heard that call quality was a problem with that original OS build on the Curve. They made some minor modifications and now the Curves been working flawlessly. I've been using my 8320 since last February, never had a problem. Still, I am upgrading to the 8900 ( Curve 2) when it comes out Jan 27th for T-mobile in the USA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 07:09 AM
    Hi,

I was using my cellphone indoors when I was getting the echo, static and low voice sound. Can there be a difference in the call quality when you are outdoors? Did the os in the curves that were originally built have serious call quality issues and if so, should I return my phone and exchange it for a new 8320? Thanks.
    12-19-08 02:44 PM
    yes call quality can suffer if you are indoors and not receiving good signal strength. t-mo customer service can tell you if your in a good coverage area or not. I don't know about the original os, but you can always update it, just read the sticky at the top of this forum-look for your model, it's pretty easy to upgrade, just takes some time, but well worth it, IMO anyway
    good luck
    12-19-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD