Help, how do I sync to either my yahoo calender or msn or even my windows one? I just don't want to have to input information twice.

Thanks,

michelle (a newbie)
    07-05-08 03:45 PM
    Do you have outlook on your computer? I find it to be very helpful to have an online calendar, outlook calendar and my BB calendar. I have a web based calender through onlinegroupcalendar.com and I sync that with my outlook and then sync my outlooks with my blackberry. I am not sure if there is a way you can sync directly to the BB from the web unless you are using google sync. U would suggest you follow the directions to sync your yahoo calendar with outlook and then sync to you BB. You can so a quick search or the help section for your yahoo calendar.
    07-05-08 06:29 PM
    Def.......I realized that I was gonna be drunk before I figured it out so I went the sync with outlook then to the BB...............I bet I saved 20 bucks on beer AND it worked!!!

Good Luck
    07-05-08 06:32 PM
    hi michelle...welcome to crackberry

Starting with v4.2.2 of Desktop Manager, you can sync your BB directly with Yahoo! calendar.

Desktop Manager v4.2.2 & v4.3 Steps below are taken from this KB and modified a tad bit.

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Open Synchronize and click on the Configuration tab.
    3. Click Configure synch.
    4. Select an application and click Choose.
    5. Select Yahoo! from the Available Translator list and click OK.
    6. Complete the wizard.

For Desktop Manager v4.5, it's a bit different.

1. Connect the BlackBerry and click on Synchronize.
    2. On the left hand side, click on Synchronization.
    3. Then click the Synchronization button on the right side.
    4. Continue with Step 4 from above.

Be sure and enter your full Yahoo address when clicking on Options during the configuration wizard. If you have any questions, post back.

hth,

e.n.
    07-05-08 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD