Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the forums. The company I'm with has been looking for a across the board smartphone solution. Specifically the ability to get email anywhere on their phones. After alot of research I'm going to be grabbing 2 8310's through AT&T as a test group before I buy these bad boys in bulk. Here is my question:

We are currently on an RDP server (remote desktop) we are using a webmail server for our email. (Icewarp) I want to be able to completely link these two together. Right now the email is going to my server, and then being viewed through outlook. How can I get this all set up to get it to push a copy of this email to the blackberries? Anyone have any experience on this end. I'm moderately knowledgeable about server programming and tampering so feel free to go hard into the techinical side if needed.

On a side note I know there are other existing third party programs what I have been eyeing up is funambol. If anyone has a better recomendation or feedback about this program again I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    03-19-08 02:55 PM
    Do you intend to run BES on your server?

If so, you will have plenty of flexibility in managing your email.

If you will be using BIS, most mail services can be supported, to your limit of 10 per client.

Found something in BlackBerry support on using RDP.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Press Releases
    03-19-08 03:51 PM
    Thanks I'll check out that information. And no I don't plan on using the enterprise so trying to find ways around not spending that kind of money.
    03-20-08 07:48 AM
    Here is actually a great looking solution for it. I havn't tried it yet I'll let you know once I do.

Mobile Desktop ver 2.0

It allows ur black berry to access your RDP server. Let me know if anyone else has had any experience with it I"m intreseted to see how good it is.
    03-20-08 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD