I just set up my employee plan with att and purchased a tmobile curve 8320. I unlocked the phone and it is working, but I am missing personal email set up so I cannot set up my email and its showing edge in lowercase which apparently means my phone is not connecting with blackberry internet service. From what I have found it looks like I need to send the service books to the phone. I tried to send a request through advanced options>HRT>and send a request, but to no avail and I have tried to go to the site for att in order to send the service books, but cannot create an account because it is a tmobile phone and for tmobile I have to have a working number on their service. What can I do to get the books sent to my phone and did I get this right? Please feel free to correct me and offer any advice. Thanks in advance and it feels awesome to be part of the crackberry movement
    05-19-09 10:00 PM
    Did you add a Blackberry data plan to your acct? Without one you don't have access to the BIS servers necessary for internet and email service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:41 PM
    Do what I did for a while, get a normal unlimited internet plan, backup and load some browser and mms service books, then download all your apps non-ota :P

...Until I got a BIS plan and all was right.
    05-20-09 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD