ok.. soo i popped out the track ball to clean the inside area and i was gonna sharpe the led, i flipped the phone over just like the directions said from one of the threads i was reading, and when it landed in my hand it was in pieces, the trackball, the lil magnets and the "fragile" metal ring.. ive been sitting here for an hour to try and get this thing back together, ive looked at about 15 different threads on like 3 different sites and i still cant get this piece of crap back together.. anyone have any ideas? or maybe a store or website that i can just order a new hopefully assembled trackball? thanks.. ALOT lol
    09-30-08 12:44 AM
    check out cnn.cn and see if they have what your looking for
    09-30-08 12:51 AM
    ok will do.. here is what that stupid "fragile" piece of metal currently looks like lol

09-30-08 12:55 AM
    sorry crappy focus, but i dont own a camera, jut my bb... but either way im sure u can tell its not supposed to look like a taco lol
    09-30-08 12:56 AM
    i went to the site and it says metal retainer ring does not come with purchase.. and thats whut i need
    09-30-08 02:23 PM
    there are a few other sites that sell bb parts. start googling away
    09-30-08 03:08 PM
    Try this site...BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry I guess you didn't remember my post from your earlier thread about if your not good at taking stuff apart and putting it back together, not to do it...
    09-30-08 03:11 PM
    Try this site...BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry I guess you didn't remember my post from your earlier thread about if your not good at taking stuff apart and putting it back together, not to do it...
    nooo i remember your thread... but i didnt take the ball apart.. i jsut popped it out like i watch in about 10 different videos on youtube... but when it came out it fell apart.. i got this phone through warranty so im thinking that its tmobiles fault..
    09-30-08 03:16 PM
    you can also buy the complete tackball and ring setup though amazon. A few people I work with have purchased replacements from them
    09-30-08 03:51 PM
    I would order the part to be safe...but would try to manipulate that ring so you can at least have a workable phone.

Basicall form it back to the plastic part without the magnet to form it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 04:00 PM
    retainer ring? you don't need that, just the silver ring around the ball when in normal use that you can see.
    09-30-08 04:03 PM
    i took that out of a BB bfore it worked fine afterwards.
    09-30-08 04:03 PM
    How did things go? I was behind on new posts and finally got through them all and saved ones I wanted to check on. I figured I may be able to offer some help. I slightly bent the silver thing that holds the two halves together on mine and I was able to put it back together by using tweezers to carefully bend it back in shape. It took me much longer than I would have liked to spend on it but I had no option unless I wanted to go without my BB for the duration of waiting for a replacement part.
    10-05-08 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD