I haven't even had my new Curve 8310 (ATT) for about a week. I love, love, love the BB without issues until yesterday. I was taking a photo and all of the sudden the display screen went nuts - almost static like blurring up and down the entire screen - like there was some sort of static interference. So, I popped out the battery for a minute or so and put it back in. For a second or so the screen will come back on "normal" but then it gets all garbelled again and blurred with lines all over. Sometimes it is all white with lines off to the left. I can tell you with certainty it has never been dropped or handled poorly, it's been in my possession 24/7 so it's nothing I have done. It just went nuts!

Any suggestions to fix this or is this just a bad unit? I can't take it back to the store until Monday and now I feel lost without it as I love it so much. I still have my receipt and all I'm assuming since it's only been about a week they would replace it completely, does anyone know for sure? Feeling lost and desperate...
    05-16-09 06:35 PM
    I would suggest taking it back since you just received it not to long ago. Sounds like it could be the bb itself.
    05-16-09 06:37 PM
    I wouldn't suggest anything else but to take it back and get a new one. Goodluck!
    05-16-09 06:38 PM
    I am sorry to hear that, but that is a definate hardware failure and will be covered by your warranty.

The problem may be limited to the screen, have you been able to make a backup of your data with BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
    05-16-09 06:39 PM
    I will take it back first thing on Monday. I'm not sure what I will need to backup besides photos. I've got it synced with Google Calendar and have vyMail installed and that's about it. I've been reveling in how wonderful the push email has been and suppose I got a little spoiled when I couldn't use it to check my email. Crazy!

So I take it since it's brand new ATT should replace it without issue, correct? Anyone else had this happen to them? I can't imagine it would be related to vyMail or Google Sync, right?
    05-16-09 06:45 PM
    Not caused buy VYMail or google sync, You got a lemon and will receive a new BB.
    05-18-09 09:37 PM
    If it is within the 30 days of purchase you can go back to the store and exchange it for another one. If not then process it through warrenty and get an exchange.
    05-18-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD