I bought my Curve in Feb. and a couple of months ago my 'y' button wouldn't work. I finally couldn't take it anymore and called AT&T to get a new phone. They put me through to the warranty dept and they shipped me a replacement Curve (a refurb) a couple of days later. During my first phone call with the replacement, the screen went white with nothing but the hourglass symbol. It did that for a couple of minutes, and when it came back on it said 'verify software security' and went back to normal. Until I had another phone call. It did that everytime I was in the middle of talking to someone. My bbm, texting, and email all work fine - the problem only occured during a phone call. I called AT&T back and they instructed me to go to a store and get a new SIM card. So I did. Problem not solved. So I called AT&T back and told them I was still having the same problem and warranty shipped me a 2nd replacement Curve. The first phone call I was on it happened again. White screen with hourglass symbol. I know warranty only sends out refurbished phones so when I called for a 3rd time, I requested a new phone, not a refurb since I've had the same problem twice already. They basically told me tough sh*t and that if I wanted a brand new phone I would have to go through cust. service. So I did. This morning I spoke with a lovely woman who told me to march myself over to the nearest AT&T store and get a new phone. She ASSURED me that I wouldn't have a problem and that the notes from our conversation would show up at the store and they HAD to give me a new phone. When I got to the store and explained my situation they said sorry, we can't give you a new phone. I called cust. service while in the store and spent over 30 minutes going back and forth with a rep and a manager. They were so unhelpful it's not even funny. My choices were either get another phone from warranty or start a new 2-year contract, but I would have to pay for the phone! So I hung up on them and now I've gotten nowhere. I figured maybe one of you would have a solution to this problem so I don't ever have to deal with AT&T cust service again. I am desperate for a solution to this probelm. I haven't had a working phone for a week. Sorry this post is so long, but I need HELP!! I'm so frustrated!!
    09-26-08 08:38 PM
    Dontcha love AT&T/Cingular.. I got fed up with them 2 years ago.

Im sorry for your issues. Im sure someone will be able to help.
    09-26-08 08:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Also, please do not swear on here.
    09-26-08 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD