HI, i have the weather bug application and have gone to applications to remove it and have done so, i also connected my device to DM to see if i needed to remove anything there and its not showing there.

however the weatherbug icons are still on my blakcberry and the only thing i can do is "hide" them not delete them and they are still obtaining information from the internet. how do i fully remove them?

thank you very much.
    06-12-08 01:39 PM
    Pull your battery and it should dissapear
    06-12-08 01:43 PM
    Check Options > Advanced > Service book and see if it is in there. Delete it and that should take care of the icon.
    06-12-08 01:47 PM
    Do a reset on your device and it will finalize the un-install

(Do this by either pulling battery, or ALT-RSHIFT-DEL)
    06-12-08 01:55 PM
    ok, i did turn off and turn on but not a battery pull, i will do that now and report back! thanks

by the way, i like weathereye better than weather bug
    06-12-08 01:56 PM
    Yeah, simply turning the device off and back on does not do a reset... a full reset is what needs to be done to finalize!!
    06-12-08 01:59 PM
    thank you, it worked, i was trying to avoid the battery pull as i have a case on my BB that is sometimes difficult to get off. but this did the trick
    06-12-08 02:15 PM
    Glad it worked!
    06-12-08 03:18 PM
    Check Options > Advanced > Service book and see if it is in there. Delete it and that should take care of the icon.
    Hi I'm having the same problem just downloaded it last night but noticed it wasn't working right deleted the app but can't get rid of the icons and the above isn't working it's not in my service book. Help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 08:04 AM
    I am also having a similar issue with the weatherbug icons not going away. I've performed several battery pulls, and deleted everything in service books and applications lists...alas nothing has worked. It's not a big deal because the icons can be hidden and I assume they take up no memory but its rather annoying when I need to use a hidden icon and see it pop up. Blasted weatherbug.
    07-06-08 04:39 PM
    i can use help here too,,, besides the bug, i also have facebook doing the same,,, removed the app, deleted the service book, and after every battery pull, it reloads the service book, which re-adds the icons, and with the service book and icon, it does take up a small bit of memory,,,

and with like 8 programs doing this, it starts to take up much more memory than i would like
    07-06-08 07:32 PM
    I'm having the same issue here and it's driving me MAD!! Everything has been deleted and I have done two battery pulls and that icon is still there!
    07-18-08 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD