Hello all,
    I have done some searching and even read the tutorial on how to fix a nuked blackberry.
    Heres my story.
    A guy that I work with got his blackberry curve 8330 wet and was having trouble with it powering up so I offered to take it home and reload the software to it in-case that was the problem. I swapped battery's on it and it powers up ( so I determined his battery was the issue ) and all but as soon as it boots up it ask for his password which is fine so I asked him and he gave it to me. So when I boot it up to enter the password on the main screen it dims out about 5 seconds like when it goes in standby mode. So I cant go into settings to do a hand-held wipe under security settings because i cant see what I am typing. So I hooked it up and did a reload on it but when it reboots it does the same thing asking for his pin but then it dims out. Now the question I am asking is there a way to wipe it out from my desktop to factory settings to where its not gonna ask for his password just like it does when its brand new?
    any help would be appreciated, thanks all
    07-21-10 10:20 AM
    BBSAKS v1.7... download it and use that to wipe the device.
    07-21-10 11:42 AM
    Yeah with BBSAKS you can wipe the phone completely including the OS, or you can just reset the phone back to the factory settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-10 10:17 PM
    Sweet Thanks! I did all that and got it to reset back to factory settings with no password, but now that all the buttons ( keypad, volume, etc ) are not responsive. The trackball is working though. The screen is still dimming out like its going in standby. Any other suggestions?
    07-22-10 09:16 AM
    Think it's damaged because it got wet and it's not a software problem?

07-22-10 09:52 AM
    Try placing the BB in a bag with rice for 24-48 hours to remove all moisture. Keep the battery out as well and then give it a try with a reload.

If you check around, you will see other posting with the rice method as well.
    07-22-10 10:43 AM
    And for the screen dimming, do you have the settings for the backlight to turn off after 10 seconds?

07-23-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD