Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Help recording phone calls from my Curve!

I'm looking for a program or a method of recording a phone call made on my Blackberry Curve.

I occasionally need to do telephone interviews for work and had a system at the old office that would work with my landline however I will be doing some soon and won't have access to a landline, so I'm hoping to find a way of recording both sides of the phone conversation with my Curve.

Is there any program or any methods anybody here has used to do this? Please let me know as I need to figure this out ASAP.

Thanks.
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,368 Global Posts

Their is none at this point, theirs different threads with this question already asked, VR+ was usually the "assumed" program that would do this but that was confirmed by shape services as being incorrect...so alas, none exist.

lol go buy an old tape deck and carry your conversations over speakerphone, that will work or go pick up a cheap voice recorder and do the speakerphone thing as well...I'm not trying to be sarcastic, i'm trying to help you find an alternative here
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 01-07-2008 at 05:52 AM.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

You could use a GrandCentral account.
    Follow me on Twitter
    A great resource for Crackheads:
    Official RIM Support Forums
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Bla1ze - I checked the other threads in the forum but none of them had any solutions; just links to government sites about the laws of recording phone calls. And oddly enough... I actually had to resort to the voice recorder/speakerphone option lol. It was in the back of my mind but after speaking to a few techies, this was the only solution aside from figuring out how to re-wire my wired headset to connect to a voice recorder.

jsanders - I've been waiting to sign up to GrandCentral but it's not available in Canada as of yet.
    CrackBerry User

I know this is an old thread but has RIM made a way to record phone conversations?
    CrackBerry User

I'm looking into this as well... I'm taking a look at alternatives like using VOIP on PC (e.g., Gizmo, Skype with software such as Pamela, etc.). There are hardware options to split voice data from blackberry to a line out...
    CrackBerry User

I'm also really interested in getting some app to record all my phone conversations. This is mainly a safety issue as I'm usually driving and talking and not able to write down details as driving. Also I'm a really slow writer with a bad memory. I usually have to ask people for info multiple times when trying to write it down. No sinister purposes, I swear.
    CrackBerry User

So I guess that a big NO then?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    PIN
    2471AD61

You can take notes while you're on your call (you may want to put it on speakerphone). Simply hit the menu button and go to "Notes". It will save the notes in the call log where you can retrieve them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Typing on a berry and driving... I can only imagine. Just don't get caught by the cops I guess!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24610E90

Default Maybe this might work.

I just recently downloaded 4.5 OS, and now I have voice recorder on my phone. You see, when I was with Verizon I had a regular LG, then upgraded to the original En-V, it came w/ voice recorder, to make a long story short, I payed a bill off and wanted proof that I did because I had no pen at the time, so I recorded it. However, at the end I listened to the convo, but only heard the chick I spoke with, now seeing how these bb's are so advanced, I haven't tried yet, but if you can hunt down beta 4.5, it's worth testing it out and see.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24610E90

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismatrix View Post
    I just recently downloaded 4.5 OS, and now I have voice recorder on my phone. You see, when I was with Verizon I had a regular LG, then upgraded to the original En-V, it came w/ voice recorder, to make a long story short, I payed a bill off and wanted proof that I did because I had no pen at the time, so I recorded it. However, at the end I listened to the convo, but only heard the chick I spoke with, now seeing how these bb's are so advanced, I haven't tried yet, but if you can hunt down beta 4.5, it's worth testing it out and see.
    sorry dude, looked at you info and realized you have the 8330, don't know if there is a 4.5 OS for your particular phone as of yet.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Verizon 8330 running OS 4.3 has Voice Recorder on it. I have yet to try it out though...

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    CrackBerry User

So your saying you just used the included voice recorder while on a phone call but you only got half the conversation?

Please try this out and let me know. I don't have the voice recorder but I'll start looking for the new OS.

Cheers.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

I just attempted this on my 8330 with Sprint. The Vocie Notes application gives the message that the application will not start with a call in progress.

I was hoping since I was looking for the same thing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Can anyone invite me into GrandCentral?

Can anyone invite me into GrandCentral?

Thank you
    CrackBerry User

sorry if i sound a bit simple.. but we are a community right?.. if we want this.. why not make it?.. i'm not a programmer but i am a fast learner.. anyway seing as none of the software people are going to make this, looks we have all the time in the world to have a go? if we fail we fail.. i say we give it a shot? again forgive me if i sound stupid, or message me on my blackberry PIN (messenger) if you think we should give it a shot doesn't matter if you don't know anything about programming, i don't, but like i say, what we got to lose?
    PIN: 3106E17B
    CrackBerry User

oh my PIN is 255098B2
    PIN: 3106E17B
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NED DOWN

hmmmm idk but on my first phone sony ericson W300i I could record conversations with the click of a button but hey who knows
    OBAMA 08'
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Pm me

You can try to put ur phone on speaker then have ur voice recoder on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    244E4460

I agree with getting a cheap digital voice recorder so you can swap out the sd card.
    =8')

22. MBW
    CrackBerry Abuser

JK Audio makes hardware phone taps that can work with cell phones
    /\/\\/\/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

123Spoof claims to be able to record calls, as well as voice changing, caller ID spoofing, and make straight to voicemail calls, though I have not tried it. It is a pay service, though they offer a free limited trial.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    PIN
    wasnt a good idea!

This sucks, i really needed this a couple of times, 1st time with a thief that scammed me, 2nd with paypal promising to release my funds out of review!
    CrackBerry User

I know it's been awhile( old thread) but wondering if anyone found anything? I've got a blackberry tour verizon. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast