i have a 8310 curve from AT&T...oddly enough i just figured out how to install the new 4.5 software (ive had 4.2 since i got the phone 1.5 years ago)

i have a mac so i installed the desktop manager for macs from the blackberry website and proceeded to install all of the new 4.5 software..it took around an hour (mostly saying "waiting for device to restart") before it said that the update could not be completed

i really want this update to work otherwise i may switch to the iphone (gasp!)

has this happened to anyone else? how can i get the update to work?!

thanks
    10-11-09 07:37 PM
    What specifically did the error message say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 08:12 PM
    well now i got it to work
    but when i was doing the setup wizard small lettering came up and told me to reset and now the hourglass is going crazy

is there a way to possibly revert back t0 4.2?
    10-11-09 08:16 PM
    Given the fact that you got an error message, and the present state of the BB, I'd recommend trying to reload the OS(4.5) again.
    10-11-09 08:24 PM
    man 4.5 doesnt work on my curve period lol
    10-12-09 12:18 AM
    i tried reloading it and it worked!! my dad had the same issue- fatal error followed by success...thanks for the help!
    10-14-09 01:19 PM
    Glad you have everything sorted out now.

Enjoy your new features (vid cam, better browser, better memory management, etc.). Check your file free memory (Options, Status, third line down. I've seen 83XX devices come out with low memory right after an OS upgrade. You should have above 12MB of file free memory to run, more is better of course.
    10-14-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD