Hey, upgraded to 4.5 today, and I'm having some issues with shortcuts. Previously, ALT + enter would lock the keyboard, not any more. Does anyone know the new shortcut?

Thanks.
    01-13-09 02:45 AM
    Turn off dialing from homescreen and simply press the letter K
    or set one of your convenience keys to Keyboard lock

There is also this app: Autolock
    01-13-09 02:49 AM
    I thought 4.5 was supposed to give us HTML email viewer? However when I upgraded from 4.3, I still get the ugly confusing emails! any suggestions?
    01-13-09 02:55 AM
    I know that most of you are talking about SIM phones, however, I have a Sprint 8330 Curve and I am attempting to update the Device Software from 4.3 to 4.5. The Desktop Application keeps telling me there are no updates availabe. Any work arounds for this? Am I missing something? Thanks.
    01-13-09 03:04 AM
    I thought 4.5 was supposed to give us HTML email viewer? However when I upgraded from 4.3, I still get the ugly confusing emails! any suggestions?
    resend your service books and you NEW emails will be viewable with HTML. Also, your email options should be set to enable HTML.
    01-13-09 03:09 AM
    Download and install 4.5 to your comp. Delete the file vendor.xml. Now connect your bb via usb cable and open desktop manager n it should go from there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 03:10 AM
    Followed your directions and got the same results. My 8330 is still showing Device Software of 4.3, and that no software updates are available for my device.

I also tried downloading directly from the website, and got the same thing.

Any other work arounds for this? Do I need to delete any other files or modify them? Your input is appreciated, and any more that you can give would be great. Thanks.
    01-13-09 04:05 AM
    If you have 4.3 installed on your pc, uninstall it. Also uninstall desktop manager and get DM 4.5 or 4.6 without media manager. Then install DM first and install your os. I believe the newest for your device is 4.5.0.89. I could be wrong though. The link for it isin the sticky ontop the 8300 forum. Follow the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 06:13 AM
    Followed your directions and got the same results. My 8330 is still showing Device Software of 4.3, and that no software updates are available for my device.

I also tried downloading directly from the website, and got the same thing.

Any other work arounds for this? Do I need to delete any other files or modify them? Your input is appreciated, and any more that you can give would be great. Thanks.
    Try this link
    Blackberry Freeware - Free Software
    Scroll down to the 4.5 upgrade. Thats what I used.
    01-13-09 10:57 AM
    Am I the only one that lost BBM after upgrading? and when i go to the site to download it says its un able to because of my OS
    01-13-09 11:00 AM
    Am I the only one that lost BBM after upgrading? and when i go to the site to download it says its un able to because of my OS

Open up DM, app loader, put a check mark in the box next to it, click next.
    01-13-09 11:02 AM

You need to to download BBM with your PC and use apploader to install it if you want to go this route. But first, plug your berry in and start apploader add remove. Look down the list of available applications to find blackberry messenger. Put a check in the box next to it and click update to add it to your berry.
    01-13-09 11:05 AM
    You need to to download BBM with your PC and use apploader to install it if you want to go this route. But first, plug your berry in and start apploader add remove. Look down the list of available applications to find blackberry messenger. Put a check in the box next to it and click update to add it to your berry.
    Open up DM, app loader, put a check mark in the box next to it, click next.

Did this and still nothing.
    01-15-09 01:09 PM
    Slacker is loading very long, I heard this is just a one time thing... but still, sheesh. And does anyone else not have docs to go?
    01-15-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD