OK first off I know, how the heck did this happen LOL.....

Any way the curve fell in a glass of wine covering the keyboard.
    I made the error of putting the battery back n a trying to restart it before it was fully dry I am sure (didn't read this on the forum till way after I did it).

So here is the deal...

The bberry powers on and makes the tones I have email, etc.....the screen pops up do you want to log into FACE-BOOK and I can move the ball to scroll over yes or no..

But thats it, cant do anything else....no other functions work, the keyboard, pressing the ball i for enter, nada...

So do I have a shot at fixing this b/c like an ***** i forgot to get the insurance..

Thanks so much all for listening to the rant and possibly helping!

DJ
    08-10-08 11:19 AM
    Get the battery out. Let it dry out for at least 24 hours. place in a bag of rice. how long have you had the device?

might just be a little hung over
    08-10-08 11:21 AM
    I have had it for 2 months, ironically I called verizon yesterday morning to add insurance and they said I couldn't since the device was with me for more then 15 days!
    08-10-08 11:22 AM
    I would take the battery out and make sure it completely dries. If it does not work put insurance on it. Insurance does not cover water damage but it will give you a replacement if you have lost your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 11:23 AM
    I would take the battery out and make sure it completely dries. If it does not work put insurance on it. Insurance does not cover water damage but it will give you a replacement if you have lost your phone.

Verizon said that since i have had the device for more then 15 days I can't add insurance unfort.

Wow 2 replies in 2 minutes, this is some incredible forum you guys got here!
    08-10-08 11:24 AM
    if its lost it cant possibly have water damage

but if you dont have insurance i feel for you

just bite the bullet and buy a new one (get insurance this time lol)
    08-10-08 11:25 AM
    This is correct you needed to add the insurance within 3 days.

SUPERAJ- insurance covers all type of physical damage.

Covers:
    liquid damage
    loss
    theft
    physical damage.
    08-10-08 11:25 AM
    I did not know verizon would not let you get insurance after 15 days. Like posted above let it dry completely and hope for the best. Good luck and remember there is always eBay.

08-10-08 11:26 AM
    I agree to just let it dry out completely for a day or two. I had a similar situation with a laptop that I had spilled a drink on and I thought it was hosed...I let it dry out for a few days and it came back to life!

As for insurance, maybe try contacting Asurion directly to purchase and bypass Verizon?
    08-10-08 11:26 AM
    Although keep in mind that wine can sticky when dry, which is worse than water. Good luck and I hope it all works out
    08-10-08 11:36 AM
    So, does this answer the age-old question: What kind of wine goes with a Blackberry?

Answer: Not Red!
    08-10-08 12:01 PM
    So, does this answer the age-old question: What kind of wine goes with a Blackberry?

Answer: Not Red!

Yes sir, red wine is only good for drinking

The story is i was at a bonfire last night on the beach in NY and I sat on this great lounge chair that had cup holders (which i thought was a fine place to hold my phone) and it was so dark it was hard to notice someone left a half full plastic cup of red wine in that cup holder dooooh!
    08-10-08 12:34 PM
    Sorry that happened to you!!
    08-10-08 01:03 PM
    Ouch! That sounds awful. Good luck, I hope things work out for you! Insurance is a good idea for the phone. Especially one like a BlackBerry.
    AMOG

08-10-08 01:05 PM
    Ouch! That sounds awful. Good luck, I hope things work out for you! Insurance is a good idea for the phone. Especially one like a BlackBerry.
    AMOG

I guess I'll always be baffled why people do not get insurance. It like they dont even consider it until they need it! I'd rather pay $50 any day as opposed to $500.
    08-10-08 01:07 PM

I guess I'll always be baffled why people do not get insurance. It like they dont even consider it until they need it! I'd rather pay $50 any day as opposed to $500.
    I agree.
    I'd have to pay a $125 deductible,
    but that�s way better then $500!
    08-10-08 03:44 PM
    I do not mean to be negative, but it looks like you are outta luck

This is not covered under the 1 yr warranty and you did not have insurance through your carrier

I would honestly see what your car or home owners insurance can cover!! That would be your best bet at this point
    08-10-08 03:49 PM
    That sucks, I hope your bb dries out ok, maybe you should get your bb to an AA meeting If it doesn't I have two words for you: eBay baby

Keith
    08-10-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD