I have not used my curve in about a month. I put it in my desk drawer...safe from anything.

Went to turn it on last night to switch to it from my storm. wouldnt turn on so I thought...ok...battery is dead, I'll charge it.

So all night on the charger ...same thing...wont turn on, but when plugged in the red light blinks slowly on and off.

What could be wrong??? Its in mint condition and like I said...just in my drawer.
    11-03-09 01:17 PM
    did you try pulling the battery ? I should turn on when you put it back in. If not I'd say something is wrong for sure.
    11-03-09 02:20 PM
    Try the Recover a Dead Blackberry link in my sig below.
    11-03-09 02:29 PM
    Yup I pulled the battery and nothing. Its sat just a few weeks un used. what would do this?

The batter has a white line on it. but I read this is normal?
    11-03-09 02:30 PM
    Red light blinking slowly indicates charging.

But the fact it isn't coming on, indicates dead battery.

Do you have the battery icon with a slash thru it when it is plugged in and turned on? If so, this indicates dead battery that needs to be replaced.
    11-03-09 02:31 PM
    Try the Recover a Dead Blackberry link in my sig below.
    thanks...going there now
    11-03-09 02:31 PM

Do you have the battery icon with a slash thru it when it is plugged in and turned on? If so, this indicates dead battery that needs to be replaced.
    Nope - nothing on the screen. it doesn't light up at all. Just the slow blinking light
    11-03-09 02:32 PM

Sorry, a green flashing LED indicates charging when the BB is off. A red flashing LED is not normal when the BB is off (not the notification alert).
    11-03-09 02:34 PM
    Sorry, a green flashing LED indicates charging when the BB is off. A red flashing LED is not normal when the BB is off (not the notification alert).
    Yup its a red light
    11-03-09 02:35 PM
    Download and install an OS on your computer, if you already don't have one, and refer to the Recover a Dead BB link in my sig to reload your OS.

Hopefully, you have a backup file to restore from.
    11-03-09 02:50 PM

Oops, my bad.
    11-03-09 02:53 PM
    Download and install an OS on your computer, if you already don't have one, and refer to the Recover a Dead BB link in my sig to reload your OS.

Hopefully, you have a backup file to restore from.
    Is there somewhere I can get instructions to download a OS onto my computer? Also I have a Mac. The curve is my backup phone , I'm using the Storm1 and have the Storm2 on the way.
    11-03-09 03:19 PM
    Is there somewhere I can get instructions to download a OS onto my computer? Also I have a Mac. The curve is my backup phone , I'm using the Storm1 and have the Storm2 on the way.
    Sorry, I'm a PC.

You should probably check out the CB Mac users forum.
    11-03-09 03:33 PM
    11-03-09 03:34 PM
    Ok I took a picture of my screen. I am now getting this....

Any ideas??? I have access to a windows computer. What does this symbol mean???

This phone is like new and I so hope I can get this figured out!

Help?
    11-10-09 01:20 PM
    thats the error message for no operating system on phone .you need to load a new os on it
    11-10-09 01:31 PM
    thats the error message for no operating system on phone .you need to load a new os on it
    How?????? Help??
    11-10-09 02:47 PM
    Ok I am using this guide http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    and get to where it says "Wait for device inialization" and thats when it starts to make the connecting on and off noise and then I get an error message and I get booted.

Can anyone help?
    11-10-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD