Heres my problem - I like to stream Pandora to my Curve 8330. It plays the audio externally until I plug my skullcandy headphones in. I aslo have a pair of Koss headphones and an aux cable hooked up to my home theater stereo so I can plug my BB or my ipod in and listen on the stereo, these dont work. Is there something set up wrong or something wrong with my phone? Its weird that one set of headphones would work but nothing else does.
    09-12-09 10:56 AM
    Compare the jack on the headphone that works to the jacks on the others. The jack need to have 3 "sections" if you will, if that makes any sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 04:01 PM
    Compare the jack on the headphone that works to the jacks on the others. The jack need to have 3 "sections" if you will, if that makes any sense.

The others used to work. That's what blows my mind.

09-12-09 07:42 PM
    Hmmm now I'm stumped since they used to work lol. Maybe both jacks got messed up at the same time lol. I don't know you might have to buy another cable, or if someone you know has one try theirs out. Also, I have had to open the menu and select "activate headset" before too to get it to switch. You might try that as well.

09-13-09 01:43 AM
    While playing music through the BB speaker (no headset), open the menu and see what options are there. There are 3 possible options. Which of the 3 options are displayed depends on the whether there is a headset plugged in and which option was selected previously. NOTE: Be careful not ot confuse the "Activate Handset" and a "Activate Headset" option.

3 Possible Options
    Activate Handset
    Activate Headset
    Activate Speakerphone

I was able to stop and restore playback through the headset connection by:

Listening through the speaker -> plug in headset -> sound now in headset.
    Menu -> "Activate Handset" -> no sound in either handset or headset!
    Unplug headset -> no sound in handset.
    Menu -> Activate Speakerphone" -> sound returns to handset.
    Plug in headset -> sound plays through headset.

Let us know what gives.
    09-13-09 08:19 AM
    While playing music through the BB speaker (no headset), open the menu and see what options are there. There are 3 possible options. Which of the 3 options are displayed depends on the whether there is a headset plugged in and which option was selected previously. NOTE: Be careful not ot confuse the "Activate Handset" and a "Activate Headset" option.

3 Possible Options
    Activate Handset
    Activate Headset
    Activate Speakerphone

Let us know what gives.
    Where in the menu are you talking about?
    09-14-09 09:05 AM
    Now is when this gets weird. The cable that I have hooked up to the stereo used to work with my BB. I plugged my ipod into it and it worked with the ipod. I'm wondering if I should try a new cable or take the BB into the Sprint store.
    09-14-09 08:25 PM

3 Possible Options
    Activate Handset
    Activate Headset
    Activate Speakerphone

Let us know what gives.
    I don't get any of these options either. All I get is switch between handset or speakerphone. Is there another setting somewhere on the device that allows for the three option scenario?
    09-15-09 05:00 AM
    I'm going to Best Buy today. I think I'll pick up a new cable to try. If that doesnt work, I'll take my BB to the Sprint Store this weekend.
    09-15-09 09:31 AM
    I don't get any of these options either. All I get is switch between handset or speakerphone. Is there another setting somewhere on the device that allows for the three option scenario?
    Despite what you wrote "don't get any of these options", you do see the Handset and Speakerphone option. So, the only option you do not see is the Headset option. To see the Headset option you must follow the sequence exactlyas I posted earlier. If you just start Music with out an headset plugged in you will only see the Handset and Speakerphone options.

The sequence I posted is a way to prove that the sound output from the headset plug can be disabled and reinstated.
    Last edited by TommyZ3; 09-25-09 at 09:22 AM.
    09-22-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD