Hey!

I'm in a real jam! I've lost my blackberry, definitely somewhere in my house. Spent 5 hours looking for it. It's on silent mode as far as incoming calls. Is there anyways to make it make any type of noise? By an urgent message or a text or anything? I'm so lost without it, I use it for everything. I'm currently checking room by room, but it would be nice to be able to locate it sometime in the near furture. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
    05-14-08 03:55 PM
    Look in the couch and lazyboys. Once silent, always silent. Are you sure you lost it in the house? Do you have pets... check pet toys hiding spots, your BB might be experiencing torture in the POW camp. Pockets of yesterdays clothes, hamper where said clothes might be, on your person.
    05-14-08 04:27 PM
    Have you checked outside in the Car? How about a Coat pocket?
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-14-08 04:54 PM
    you guys are awesome, but I've checked all those places...even the fridge and the shower...lol....I suppose it'll turn up sooner or later, right? I know I used it at 8 to make a call. Then at 11 realized I didn't know where it was but figured I'd worry about it in the am....well, the am has come and gone and still no sign of it...
    05-14-08 05:00 PM
    You wouldn't guess I'm a total type A personality with this type of thing happening...I think it's time for a drink!

Oh, what about if I have an alarm set on it? like it's supposed to go off tonight at 7pm? will that make a sound??
    05-14-08 05:11 PM
    Yepp. Even if its on silent the alarm will go off. What I would do is turn off all the lights in the house and send an email and tuen your monitor to your comp off and watch for the led to blink!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 05:18 PM
    In your OP you said it was set to silent for phone calls.
    Have someone send you a text message, an email and/or a BBM. Maybe one of those will make a sound or at least trigger the message light.
    05-14-08 05:30 PM
    I'll remember that helpful hint when I'm still up at 2am looking for it...
    05-14-08 05:34 PM
    text message and email did nothing....I'll keep popping godiva chocolates and looking around for it...I'll gain 5 lbs before the night's over....

My friends think I should hold a party for all to come look for it and I give the winner some money.....trying to hold off on that at the moment...
    05-14-08 05:36 PM
    text message and email did nothing....I'll keep popping godiva chocolates and looking around for it...I'll gain 5 lbs before the night's over....

My friends think I should hold a party for all to come look for it and I give the winner some money.....trying to hold off on that at the moment...
    Better yet hold a party get 'em drunk as possible. Drunk people seem to always find stuff
    05-14-08 05:39 PM
    this is true. I'm so aggravated. I'd hoped the alarm I had set for 6:50 would go off and I'd find it....no such luck
    05-14-08 05:54 PM
    I'm sorry you lost your Berry....when you find it here is some great software! I think I might get it for mine...i am very prone to losing things.

http://www.clickapps.com/moreinfo.ht...13&section=RIM
    05-14-08 05:54 PM
    Yay! It does work! The alarm will still sound even when it's on silent w/ no ring tone! Hooray! I am soo happy! Oh, does anyone want to know where it is that I found the phone?
    .................................................. .................................
    (imagine a drumroll here or something flashy like that)
    .................................................. .............................................

On the bookshelf in my son's room, behind his books.......

It would have been a long time before I would have located it there....

Yay! I'm so happy. Thanks to all of you for such great help and comic relief! Have a good nigth!
    05-14-08 05:57 PM
    Better yet hold a party get 'em drunk as possible. Drunk people seem to always find stuff
    very true, lol
    05-14-08 06:47 PM
    Glad you found your Berry.
    05-14-08 06:56 PM
    I just had a fun time reading this thread! Awesome!

Glad you found it.
    05-14-08 08:09 PM
    where did u find it?
    05-14-08 09:13 PM
    On the bookshelf in my son's room, behind his books.......
    OK, I have to ask. Do you remember putting it there? Because if not, someone is messing with you.
    05-14-08 09:19 PM
    Congrats!! Be more careful!
    05-14-08 09:20 PM
    I've lost my blackberry and I really need it! I'm getting a new phone but keeping the same SIM card someone please help!
    12-15-13 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD