LOL...ok being a fool when i got my blackberry 8320 last september i deleted blackberry messenger thinking i would never use it but...guess what.....thats right i need to use it now and want it back.

Problem is i have tried several things on the desktop manager inculding downloading my os then going to add/remove apps but only my installed apps are there (facebook, google maps and msn)

Im now going mad spent atleast 2 horus reading though the internet trying to get this sorted and im close to throwing the blackberry (attached to the pc) out the window!!!

please help guys
    03-30-09 03:18 PM
    After you downloaded your OS, you did install the OS to your PC right?

If you did, then when you open Desktop Manager and open Apploader, you should get a list of apps that will be loaded on your BB. BB Messenger should be there in the list, you just need to make sure it is checked off to load to your BB.
    03-30-09 03:21 PM
    Just checking, but do you have the exact OS that is on your BB, and you installed it in Windows?
    03-30-09 03:21 PM
    Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. There should be 2 Blackberry software programs on the list of programs (Desktop Manager, and your OS).

Good call wnm, verify the OS version is the same as on your BB.
    03-30-09 03:22 PM
    Or you can go here on your blackberry browser http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...1JQ**?code=bbm
    03-30-09 03:24 PM
    well i bought the blackberry sim free but i think it was at some point on bt mobile i downloaded the .exe then click and installed that but nothing is there
    Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. There should be 2 Blackberry software programs on the list of programs (Desktop Manager, and your OS).

Good call wnm, verify the OS version is the same as on your BB.
    It's come up a lot here lately. I could type the exact OS line in my sleep.
    Load BBM from the link rlp provided. Copy the link and email it from your PC to your BB. Use your BB to open the email and click on the link, it will take you to the download for BBM.
    03-30-09 03:26 PM
    well i bought the blackberry sim free but i think it was at some point on bt mobile i downloaded the .exe then click and installed that but nothing is there
    Check Options > About. What's on the 3rd line? Should be v4.X.0.XXX.
    03-30-09 03:27 PM
    V4.2.2.161

i think this version is kinda old ?? is there away to get a newer version ? will that work and sort the problem maybe
    03-30-09 03:30 PM
    Or you can go here on your blackberry browser http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...1JQ**?code=bbm
    I just tried that myself and it says my device does not meet the requirements to support BBM 4.0 or 4.1.
    03-30-09 03:32 PM
    V4.2.2.161

i think this version is kinda old ?? is there away to get a newer version ? will that work and sort the problem maybe
    The latest OS for the 8320 is posted in the sticky thread at the top of the forum. It's what I use and is the best version yet IMHO. Don't worry about it being from a different carrier. OS's are device specific.
    03-30-09 03:34 PM
    so can i look in the thread and update my BB to the latest firmware ?
    03-30-09 03:37 PM
    Yes you can.
    03-30-09 03:39 PM
    so can i look in the thread and update my BB to the latest firmware ?
    Yes, download link and instructions are in the first post of the thread. Make sure you go to the right thread for your device.
    03-30-09 03:39 PM
    "6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier."

doe sthat mean i can download any OS, i.e orange etc. ?

And are there any benifits of goin with a different os ?
    Last edited by Cardiff25; 03-30-09 at 03:46 PM.
    03-30-09 03:43 PM
    "6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier."

doe sthat mean i can download any OS, i.e orange etc. ?
    Yes. As long as you delete the vendor.xml file, any carrier's OS can be used as long as it is for your device model.
    03-30-09 03:45 PM
    Yes. If the OS is not from your Carrier, and you don't delete the vendor.xml, the OS will not install on your BB.
    03-30-09 03:45 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load BBM from the link rlp provided. Copy the link and email it from your PC to your BB. Use your BB to open the email and click on the link, it will take you to the download for BBM. Then you got it.
    03-30-09 03:46 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load BBM from the link rlp provided. Copy the link and email it from your PC to your BB. Use your BB to open the email and click on the link, it will take you to the download for BBM. Then you got it.
    j, the OP wants to upgrade their OS first. He has an older OS and wants to upgrade the OS and get BBM at the same time.
    03-30-09 03:48 PM
    ok well im gonna install the latest stuff and see how i go,

just a random question...why is the latest firmware say eastasia ? lol

and also does it make a difference which os i install ? are there any benifits of going with an orange os instead of my bt mobile os ?
    03-30-09 03:51 PM
    ok well im gonna install the latest stuff and see how i go,

just a random question...why is the latest firmware say eastasia ? lol

and also does it make a difference which os i install ? are there any benifits of going with an orange os instead of my bt mobile os ?
    East Asia, because it was released by Indosat. Main benefit with going with your own OS is you will probably get more receptive customer support. However the best BB support in the world is here at CB. Just make sure it's for the 8230.
    03-30-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD