I have heard much talk about wanting to upgrade to OS5.0. I am with Sprint and have had the Curve 8330 for about 6 months. I am using OS 4.5.186. Since Sprint is not going to release the new OS for us anytime soon, I was wondering if it is worth it to upgrade the OS using the boost upgrade. I read that I can use it and delete the VENDOR file.

Is it worth it?

What the benefits?

I am happy with what I have, but if it makes my expierence better, then I want to know.

Thanks!
    05-01-10 09:38 PM
    If you decide to go to 5.0, definitely go with a hybrid like Nathanix so you will be less likely to run into low memory issues.
    05-02-10 12:04 AM
    Don't use the boost mobile os it takes up to much room and is very very flawed.
    Just like xliderider mentioned go to Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home of the Hybrids and scroll down a bit your see a blog post about V7.0 which is the newest. Click that and it will take you to a forum with a download link and a handy tutorial of how to install.
    Benefits include faster browser threaded sms (bbm style) faster start up times (under 5 minutes) faster speed with the phone in general. And countless other minor upgrades.
    One thing to remember is that while looking for themes you'll have to look under the 8520/8530 theme section and get 5.0 themes from there because hardly anyone makes 5.0 themes for 8330.
    This is also the same for some apps that are device specific, they'll have 4.6 and 5.0 versions for the 8500 series but only 4.5 versions for the 8330.

Good luck, if you need help feel free to pm me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD