I am a complete newb when it comes to the BB... I just got one... I'm trying to install the new OS (.124) I downloaded it to my PC installed it, and I opened DM and I connected my Blackberry and then nothing... So i opened App Loader and clicked update software, and it version .124 was on there so I cliked the box and clicked next and then it said that no updates were required for my device. I have a 8320 phone from TMO and I have version .81 on my phone. Why can't I get the new OS, what am I doing wrong? I deleted the .xml thing but still nothing... I have followed everything to the T...PLEASE HELP
    Thanks!
    06-12-09 12:58 PM
    Are you using DM 4.7?
    06-12-09 01:02 PM
    If you are running Desktop Manager (DM) v4.7 then you'll need to disable your internet connection before starting DM because it auto-connects to the internet and searches for the latest carrier specific OS for your device.

You can also skip DM and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and double click the loader.exe (folder with a cellphone on it) file to launch the application loader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 01:06 PM
    I have DM 4.7... and I tried loading the app loader from the C: folder and there was nothing there to load... I tried disconnecting the internet and still nothing, it's as if the .124 OS did not install to my PC but I know that it did because when I go into my computer and uninstall it's right there in the uninstall programs... did I do something wrong when I installed it? I run Vista is that a problem? Please Help I really want to get this to work! Thanks!
    06-12-09 01:27 PM
    The first time you ran DM did you have your internet connection disabled?

If not check to see if the vendor file showed back up.

06-12-09 01:37 PM
    Are you running as an administrator in Vista?
    06-12-09 01:41 PM
    You mean after I installed DM for the first time ever and then ran it was the internet connection disabled? No I don't think so... should I re-install it?
    How do I check to see if the vendor file showed back up?
    Also I belive I am running as an adminstrator...
    06-12-09 02:08 PM
    No, I mean when you started to upgrade your OS did you have your internet off the first time you attempted to upgrade.

The vendor file would be in the same place as before.

06-12-09 02:11 PM
    Also I belive I am running as an adminstrator...
    Not with Windows Vista, you are a regular user.

Some programs do require Administer privileges, but BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not one of them. There is no problem with User privileges.

There is a common theme showing here, v4.7 BlackBerry Desktop Software is more sophisticated then the earlier versions. That fine as long as you are satisfied with their software choices. Over-riding it possible, but messy.

The simple solution is to install v4.6 BlackBerry Desktop Software. That will likely resolve your upgrade problem.
    06-12-09 02:17 PM
    Ok so deleted vs4.7 and put on 4.6 but when I went to connect my BB it said that it could not install the software and the BB would not show up in the DM... I think I'm doomed to never be able to upgrade to .124!
    06-12-09 03:00 PM
    Restart your PC and try again. After you restart and plug your BB in it should install the BB drivers.

06-12-09 03:03 PM
    Deap breath time.

Start by uninstalling everything, DM and the OS.

Reboot your PC.

Install DM, and make sure it recognizes your BB.

Install the OS and follow the instructions in the sticky thread and go from there.

You'll get it, and you'll get plenty of help here.
    06-12-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD