does anyone know how to remove the question that always appear on my bb while i am using opera mini. " the application opera mini has attempted to access server4.operamini.com. would you like to allow this yes/no" how do i by pass this or is it a software issue.
    12-27-08 05:04 PM
    Some have said to "Allow" for all options in the permissions. It has never worked for me.

Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications

Find Opera Mini and hit menu and edit permissions.

Reboot and see if that works.
    12-27-08 05:14 PM
    Turn your firewall on, then open Opera and it will have 2 boxes to check when it first comes on, check them all and it won't ask again!

For firewall go to options, security options, firewall and click disabled and select enable, click menu key and save
    12-27-08 05:51 PM
    That's a great tip!
    12-27-08 05:59 PM
    thanks for the information, it worked great!
    12-27-08 06:47 PM
    Thanks!! Its so much nicer now that I don't always have to click "allow"!!
    12-27-08 06:47 PM
    Turn your firewall on, then open Opera and it will have 2 boxes to check when it first comes on, check them all and it won't ask again!

For firewall go to options, security options, firewall and click disabled and select enable, click menu key and save
    Good to know. This might be the reason why it never worked for me. I am going to try this for FileLock.
    12-28-08 12:41 AM
    Good to know. This might be the reason why it never worked for me. I am going to try this for FileLock.
    Opera never worked? You may want to check your APN settings for your carrier.
    12-28-08 01:10 AM
    Would there be any side effects to using the firewall? I guess we'll find out later during usage. Btw, OM is a sweet browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:30 AM
    Worked awesome. Thanks
    12-28-08 06:03 AM
    Thank you very much. This has been bugging me as well.

12-28-08 07:18 AM
    I'm new to the BB and have the 8330 curve. Seen post that say the opera mini is better. When I went there it says the 4.2 is best for my device but there is no signature. Is this common? Should I trust the website? did not downlad yet. Thanks
    12-28-08 04:19 PM
    I'm new to the BB and have the 8330 curve. Seen post that say the opera mini is better. When I went there it says the 4.2 is best for my device but there is no signature. Is this common? Should I trust the website? did not downlad yet. Thanks
    Yes, it said that when I downloaded it to. There are 2 modes in Opera, and overview mode where you zoom, and a mobile view, which is like the native browser. Try both views if you don't like one, you may like the other. Click the number one to switch between views. I love Opera and find it to be much faster than the native browser even running 4.5. Also I love using the key pad to scroll up and down, 2 scrolls up, 8 scrolls down and 4 and 6 scroll right or left.
    12-28-08 04:27 PM
    Yes, it said that when I downloaded it to. There are 2 modes in Opera, and overview mode where you zoom, and a mobile view, which is like the native browser. Try both views if you don't like one, you may like the other. Click the number one to switch between views. I love Opera and find it to be much faster than the native browser even running 4.5. Also I love using the key pad to scroll up and down, 2 scrolls up, 8 scrolls down and 4 and 6 scroll right or left.
    Thank you. I'm going to try it. Hopefully it works, cause right now I can't even access crackberry from my phone as well as other sites and VZW is no help. I'm sitting at computer looking at CB and that sucks.
    12-28-08 04:49 PM
    Thank you. I'm going to try it. Hopefully it works, cause right now I can't even access crackberry from my phone as well as other sites and VZW is no help. I'm sitting at computer looking at CB and that sucks.
    Make sure your APN is set up right for your carrier. You can search the site for APN, include your carriers name. Download it and when you first open it, it'll install. Once it's done click the menu key and click accept. Then you should be off and running!
    12-28-08 04:53 PM
    Make sure your APN is set up right for your carrier. You can search the site for APN, include your carriers name. Download it and when you first open it, it'll install. Once it's done click the menu key and click accept. Then you should be off and running!
    Ok here's a dumb question is that searching for it on BB and then install from my BB? Or can I do the the search from my desktop and then install? Cause right now I can not seach anything on CB using the 8330. It will not allow me to log on using the BB.
    12-28-08 05:06 PM

Great tip! Wooked just like you said. Thanks

Good day!
    12-28-08 05:14 PM
    Ok here's a dumb question is that searching for it on BB and then install from my BB? Or can I do the the search from my desktop and then install? Cause right now I can not seach anything on CB using the 8330. It will not allow me to log on using the BB.

For APN settings you can search crackberry for your carriers setting or google Verizon APN, if that is your carrier. Some APN settings are alreaded listed under the help section on opera's site. Then to get the APN on your phone go to options, advanced options, TCP and put the APN info there.

To download opera go to www.operamini.com on your BB, after it's downloaded click on the opera icon, it will be a red O, this will install it on your phone. once done, click the menu key and select accept.

HTH
    12-28-08 05:14 PM
    For APN settings you can search crackberry for your carriers setting or google Verizon APN, if that is your carrier. Some APN settings are alreaded listed under the help section on opera's site. Then to get the APN on your phone go to options, advanced options, TCP and put the APN info there.

HTH
    Thanks for your help I was able to install Opera. However, When I go to options, advanced options I do not see anything for TCP to input the APN
    12-28-08 05:43 PM
    Thanks for your help I was able to install Opera. However, When I go to options, advanced options I do not see anything for TCP to input the APN
    Try running opera and see if it works. If it works you won't need to worry about your APN settings.
    12-28-08 05:48 PM
    What's the difference between socket and http? And shud the visual effects b marked? Thanks

12-28-08 06:07 PM
    What's the difference between socket and http? And shud the visual effects b marked? Thanks

There was a thread about a month ago about this. I think it was called how to make opera faster. Consensus was socket seems to be faster. I have always used socket and haven't tried http.
    12-28-08 06:10 PM
    Try running opera and see if it works. If it works you won't need to worry about your APN settings.
    Thanks I'M able to log in and see CB from my BB. You were very helpful
    12-28-08 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD